What do others think?

** UPDATE **

Thanks to those with encouragement and a special thanks to those who contacted me via pm or facebook.

I start my new job tomorrow morning at 7am for a local firm - R Plevin and Sons.

Bit of training and a massive learning curve as this will be the 1st time I’ve done chip liners, walking floors or ro-ro’s.

Looking forward to the challenge :grimacing:

congratulations :slight_smile:

Alls well that ends well.

waynedl:
** UPDATE **

Thanks to those with encouragement and a special thanks to those who contacted me via pm or facebook.

I start my new job tomorrow morning at 7am for a local firm - R Plevin and Sons.

Bit of training and a massive learning curve as this will be the 1st time I’ve done chip liners, walking floors or ro-ro’s.

Looking forward to the challenge :grimacing:

Kismet Wayne. See good things sometimes happen to good guys. :slight_smile:

switchlogic:

green456:

waynedl:
I agree and appreciate most of the posts on here, but I’ve decided not to take it and let the other lad keep his job.

I think I’ll be able to sort something else, got a few leads and with experience and a few tickets under my belt, I definitely stand a better chance than a newbie.

It’s not a job I’d have applied for or a job I want to do, so there’s no point in another lad losing his job and then me leaving a week later.

young man, I salute you

Me too. Refreshing to see in this age of the selfish me first mentality. Well done.

• another.

Well done Wayne, glad you got fixed up quickly, your new employer has got a TOP MAN.

Good choice Wayne. When you boss tells you there’s no money in the kitty he is lying, he can pay a guy 2 k a year more to do the same job he can help you out.
Stay strong mate, if he really wanted to keep you he would up the anti.

Thanks again guys.

1st days training today at new job, wood recycling, some walking floors, some curtain sides and some wag+drag ro-ro’s.
Today I did 1 walking floor and 1 curtain side ‘push off’
A dirty and wet job today, was persisting it down, but went ok, the driver training me was a sound guy and we never stopped chatting, so the day flew by.

Different guy tomorrow and a couple of different jobs including chipboard and another walking floor that we’re going to reload after we’ve tipped.

It’s a change from what I’m used to, but most of the drivers have been there years, so can’t be that bad eh :wink: