What do I take with me?

First agency shift tomorrow in ages, been used having me own truck with my stuff in it but gotta live out of an holdall from now on, only trouble is cant decide wht to take with me? Sat nav is a must though as well as my trusty 10 year old atlas, (hasnt even got the M6 toll on it :open_mouth: ) some sarnies and a flask, what else?

just the basic driving essentials. gloves, hiviz, pen. stuff like that although you might like to put some comfort stuff in your car ie wet weather clothing. i have started carrying a box of maps that cover all the way down to nottingham so i can find out where i am heading before i leave the yard and grab the appropriate maps. my day bag has only the bare necessities and i have a holdall in the house with overnight gear and stuff like that plus another box with maps for the south. if its not a night out then i dont need to take those. the stuff i do carry is fine for a day shift no matter where they are sending me. you dont always know before you leave home, tesco for example dont know themselves until they are handing the paperwork over and last saturday that didnt happen until 2 hours into my shift

Essentials, I take my digi card, also got a couple of rolls of digi tachograph paper, a lot of the time there is no spares in the truck, also take along some analogue tachographs, worked a few places where got there and only a security guard chucked a set of keys and off you go with no tachographs in the vehicle, so if you didnā€™t have any with you have to hang about waiting for the office to open. Hi-viz, licence, safety boots and satnav, pens. Apart from the licence and the digital tachograph keep the rest of that stuff in the car along with a sleeping bag. Saves rushing out the door and forgetting something, plus also somtimes been out somewhere and get a call last minute to go do a shift means i can go straight there and do it if i wish.

Non-essentials, more comfort based. I take a book and usually my small 10inch portable dvd player, nothing worse than having to sit somewhere for hours waiting to be tipped bored senseless after you have read the paper a few times. Also got a small sleeping bag which is handy in the winter, if your sitting about somewhere for hours on end. Depends who i,m working with, if i know its a straight trunk and will be down the road change trailers back up in 6 hours wouldnā€™t take that stuff, apart from maybe the book.

Taken from the Limeyphil Drivers handbook. ā€œEssential Equipmentā€ Section.
Bolt Croppers. 1 set.ā€“For unclamping a clamp.
Scaffolding Tube. 4ft Length of.-- For Attending to belligerent Clampers.
Laptopā€” To keep in touch with all mates on TNUK.
Large Magnet----For sorting out tacho, if you need a few hours more to get job done.
Some sarnies, and a flask of teaā€”In case you have time to eat
Big thick Sleeping bag----- for when the unexpected happens, which you can expect will definitely happen if you don,t have it with you, and you drive into a Blizzard on Shap in Mid-June.
That should do nicely :wink: :wink:

As your on SPOT HIREā€¦

Licence Both Parts
Dig card

Keep in the car a small bag with.Pens
Torch
Tachoā€™s I.E dics and spare digi roll
Small Clip board
Your diary small slim one put in start & finish time Unit used and trailers pulled and rough where you deliverd to I.E 16;00 to 23;30 tesco. oxford (unit)WX52ā– ā– ā–  (trailer)TO55355) you never know when youā€™ll need the info.
Time sheets
Gloves
Hi-Viz
Phone charger.( I have a multi charger that I can change the heads so I can charge the hands free too)
A good up todate map ( prat nav but watch it some arnt that good when your right in town doing store deliverys )
Dog clip ( had the doors of a trailer jump open on me whilst driving)
Some elastic bands and tape.
Hand wash gel (comes in a small bottle rub in and it dryā€™s no towel needed)

Get into the habbit if your going out to keep your boots in the car just incase you get that drop of the hat call.
A spare Ā£10 you never know when your gonna need it
Get the depot phone number and give them your mobile number.

Gaffer tape

/thread

:smiley: