What do I need?

Hi all.

I just wondered, I passed my Class C on the 23rd of December (Nice christmas present), as I had class C1 and C1+E on my licence when it got swapped from my German licence to my British licence (without taking a test) backdated from 2001, I was told I didn’t have to do my CPC test only do the periodic before 2014. How does an employer know that I don’t need the CPC test and only periodic (which I am starting)? As I have no Qualification card.

Also how do you get a Digital Tacho card as I read on a few Job ads that you need to have one? Is there anything else I would need to be able to find a position?

Sorry if I sound stupid but really new to driving.

Thanks

Your driving license doubles as a CPC card until 2014 when you will need to have done 35 hours of CPC training to get a Driver Qualification Card which you will have to carry with your license to drive professionally.

Digital tachograph cards can be ordered from DVLA. There is a form available to download or order from DVLA website (if I remember correctly). Fill it in with your driver details and they send it back in around a week.

Thanks.

I will have a look if I can get the application sorted.

Is there anything else you need to start work as a Driver or is that about it? :confused:

Gazza7682:
Is there anything else you need to start work as a Driver…

A miracle. Nothing personal but it’s a tough world out there with plenty of knockbacks coming your way. Best of luck :wink:

Gazza7682:
Also how do you get a Digital Tacho card as I read on a few Job ads that you need to have one? Is there anything else I would need to be able to find a position?

You’ll need a digicard for most driving jobs, they have been standard fitment in new trucks for about five years now, as said you can download the form from the DVLA website.

if you look on saftey and law forum on here you ca download the tacho rules for driving you will need to know how long you can work , drive for etc might be a good idea to read through and if you have any questions then come right back an we will see if we can help you :wink:
good luck
Jen x

Congrats on passing ya test :wink:

jackg:
Congrats on passing ya test :wink:

Also thank you to everyone for your help, I will have more of a read on some Forum pages to get more info. If I have anymore questions I’m sure I’ll ask hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just some feedback for the Admins. Brilliant Forum site and a great Idea specially with the New and wannabe section. Keep up the good work :smiley: :sunglasses: