What Diagnostic Scan Tool Do You Use

Hi All,
As the title suggests im in the process of buying a new scan tool, ive looked at jaltest(very very expencive) and launch HD3 (cheap)so far but just wondering what else is out there?
Cheers,
Nick

Scan for what?

With the greatest respect, this is the third time at least that you have posted what could be considered a technical query without making clear that you are in Australia . Please, please help us by doing so next time. :slight_smile:

While several members are only too pleased to contribute their technical knowledge or experience in order to assist, that information may be entirely irrelevant. Certainly others can relate their experience of the products on the UK market, but the product offered to you by the manufacturers may be to a different specification to that available in the UK, or probably more likely the vehicle software program may differ.

cav551:
With the greatest respect, this is the third time at least that you have posted what could be considered a technical query without making clear that you are in Australia . Please, please help us by doing so next time. :slight_smile:

While several members are only too pleased to contribute their technical knowledge or experience in order to assist, that information may be entirely irrelevant. Certainly others can relate their experience of the products on the UK market, but the product offered to you by the manufacturers may be to a different specification to that available in the UK, or probably more likely the vehicle software program may differ.

Hi,
Ive updated my profile.
All the scan tools ive looked at some far are international? we do 50/50 Japanese and Euro Trucks, dont do much american stuff.

I see Bosch make one called KTS Truck, anyone used that?

We use jaltest in a big way with our mobile vans and workshops.

Cheers
Welly

I can tell you Texa is pretty carp.

Example EBS fault, click for more info, check wiring then replace ecu, they call that help?
Another example nox sensor heater inop, but which nox sensor?
And so it goes on and on and on.

Iveco 6.5 ton van, plus it in , texa asks what model is it? how the gell do I know as its been totally debadged, take a lucky guess then it asks what engine is it? aaaagggh, guess again.
Basically every vehicle is like this.

I find using Texa & Delphi covers most systems, I normally get the info for engine & model from Manafactureres plate normally on the n/s inner wing on Iveco’s, with the Delphi you can do a global search, can’t remember if Texa has this option.

Dave…

eneded up buying a JALTEST unit. dont get it for 2 weeks though