What critical loads have we been hauling this week?

Morally right or wrong, if the business is not on this list, or in the exceptions,
gov.uk/government/publicati … e-guidance
they can say open, and their goods will need moving.
From
assets.publishing.service.gov.u … rs__1_.pdf
4. Going to work

As set out in the section on staying at home, you can travel for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

Employers and employees should discuss their working arrangements, and employers should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working.

Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to, from and for their work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services.

If you cannot work from home then you can still travel for work purposes, provided you are not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither you nor any of your household are self-isolating. This is consistent with advice from the Chief Medical Officer.

So it looks like it almost any goods could be moved.

Sunday - delivered fresh produce to 2x RDC (different supermarkets) Bridgend/Avonmouth
Monday - chilled goods to 2x RDC (different again) Sittingbourne/Faversham
Tuesday - chilled produce collection from London Gateway Park
Wednesday - delivery of above to Gadbrook
Thursday - frozen food from Heywood to Gillingham
Friday - Home till Sunday

pig pen:
Morally right or wrong, if the business is not on this list, or in the exceptions,
From
4. Going to work

As set out in the section on staying at home, you can travel for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

Employers and employees should discuss their working arrangements, and employers should take every possible step to facilitate their employees working from home, including providing suitable IT and equipment to enable remote working.

Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to, from and for their work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services.

If you cannot work from home then you can still travel for work purposes, provided you are not showing coronavirus symptoms and neither you nor any of your household are self-isolating. This is consistent with advice from the Chief Medical Officer.

Yes. The CMO gives advice, aa do all the other advisors, and that is interpreted by the politicians.
Closing more business may mean a poorer country and poorer health facilities next year, so more overall deaths?
Or close everything now to protect as many as possible now.
It is a moral/logical/ethical choice made on vague evidence…
A political choice…
Would you push the fat man off the bridge?

jakethesnake:

Geoffo:
Carpets between various factories belonging to the same company.

Can I ask why that is essential?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
bit of a wooosh for you there jake old bean?

theres a lot of it about.

Mazzer2:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Mazzer2:
Off licences have been shut down in NI, other half has said don’t bother coming home unless you’ve alcohol on board

Need to crack out a few of those brew your own kits, make a fortune :laughing:

Think there might be a few old distillery’s coming out of retirement and people buying large amounts of potatoes :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
always better distilled with a couple of opal fruits or starburst if your a nipper to get the kiddies accustomed to rocket fuel. :wink:

Franglais:

pig pen:
From
4. Going to work

Yes. The CMO gives advice, aa do all the other advisors, and that is interpreted by the politicians.
Closing more business may mean a poorer country and poorer health facilities next year, so more overall deaths?
Or close everything now to protect as many as possible now.
It is a moral/logical/ethical choice made on vague evidence…
A political choice…
Would you push the fat man off the bridge?

As I say morally right or wrong, I don’t know.
Keep working, down to the employers to say yes. or no? can workers afford to say no?
I only posted, after reading the various threads here on TN, that some people seem to think unless trucks are carrying bog rolls, baked beans, or ventilators, they shouldn’t be out, we don’t want a virtual lynch mob looking for the drivers :laughing:

Back in for my 4 day shift tomorrow , tanker load of Oxygen to various hospitals then rinse and repeat . Fairly critical I guess :wink:

Jet-A1 aviation fuel to Airports in ever decreasing amounts as planes are grounded.

jakethesnake:

Geoffo:

It’s not.
I work Monday 30/03 in the yard ,then I’m home 'till this scenario finishes.

Btw, (Luckily) I’m not a UK resident, so different rules for different Countries.

This week mostly tiles/collecting scrap metal/Nike trainers and heaven forbid a load of tomatoes.

Doesn’t really matter what we carrying just doing stuff for now makes a difference. Even if it’s just a lot of trucks carrying non essential stuff it shows we out and about.

Course if you want to stay at home just fake cough down the phone at your gaffer, maybe someone can give you a white feather.

dieseldog999:

jakethesnake:

Geoffo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
bit of a wooosh for you there jake old bean?

theres a lot of it about.

Possibly in your twisted view. :laughing:

Well I can tell you right now, wholeheartedly that my day sat in the canteen tomorrow as spare driver is absolutely, essential frontline work.

Company I work for are a ■■■■■■■ joke, smooth as peaches during the good times but couldn’t run a bath during the bad.

Jimmy McNulty:
Well I can tell you right now, wholeheartedly that my day sat in the canteen tomorrow as spare driver is absolutely, essential frontline work.

Company I work for are a [zb] joke, smooth as peaches during the good times but couldn’t run a bath during the bad.

Nobody stopping you from self isolating.

Just stay at home…

the nodding donkey:

Jimmy McNulty:

Company I work for are a [zb] joke, smooth as peaches during the good times but couldn’t run a bath during the bad.

Just stay at home…

And get paid a grand sum of …£94 ssp.

What some of you are not realising is that the government does not want industry and manufacturing to close down.
It doesn’t matter what you all think is or is not essential, goods need moving to keep the economy ticking over

Its no good Jake you keep banging the drum to stay at home… its not what the leaders want.

msgyorkie:

the nodding donkey:

Jimmy McNulty:

Just stay at home…

No I would be paid £0.

Sick with Corona or anything else £94 SSP

Self isolating for whatever reason £0

Jimmy McNulty:

msgyorkie:

the nodding donkey:

Jimmy McNulty:

Just stay at home…

No I would be paid £0.

Sick with Corona or anything else £94 SSP

Self isolating for whatever reason £0

But . But… Boris said everybody needs to stay inside, and that we will all be paid 80% of our wages…

So you are travelling around, spreading this killer disease, because of money?

Tsk tsk.

No, if you self isolate you claim ssp from day 1 at £94. Of course thats if you have the sense to state you have “symptons”.

those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work

Jakey… pierre… tell em…

JUST STAY HOME, SAFE A LIFE …

msgyorkie:
No, if you self isolate you claim ssp from day 1 at £94. Of course thats if you have the sense to state you have “symptons”.

Reducing the spread of respiratory infections, including COVID-19, in the workplace - GOV.UK

those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work

Be good to see a breakdown of how many of those who are shouting that we must all stay at home, are retired… And how many of those who are (were) working, actually do as they preach, and took SSP when self isolating.

Hmm…