What class ADR?

Does anyone know what class of ADR i would need to drive a truck delivering household fuel oils?

Scan

scantheman:
Does anyone know what class of ADR i would need to drive a truck delivering household fuel oils?

Scan

IMO the full one with tanks

scantheman:

Scan

PM dieseldave - he will be able to give you all the advise you need :laughing:

YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
YOU MIGHT NEED…

I’M SURE HE WILL BE ALONG SOON :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks ROG- im not as good at getting the point across

chevmac:

Yours was perferctly clear but I just wanted to show off :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I presume you mean kerosene and gas oil ?

If so then you need your core module (obviously), class 3 and “in tanks” (again, assuming said fuels are in tankers rather than tubs).

Hope this helps.

scantheman:

I am no expert, but it may depend on what the fuel is.

It will either be Class 3 (Kerosene)or it will be Non Hazardous(Fuel Oil)

Cheers for the reply’s…the fuel is the type of oil used for central heating systems in houses,kerosene i think it is that anyway :confused:

Anyone got any idea how much it costs to get the required licence?

Scan

Goaty:
I presume you mean kerosene and gas oil ?

If so then you need your core module (obviously), class 3 and “in tanks” (again, assuming said fuels are in tankers rather than tubs).

Hope this helps.

Spot on.

Finished my refresher at 3pm yesterday, haven’t slept too much so my brain hasn’t completely lost all the info yet, and Mr Goaty is quite correct.

At a guess, around the £500 mark. :open_mouth: Given the state of things at the moment though if you shop around I’m sure someone would be glad of the business !

Maybe Rog or DieselDave would have a better idea. :wink:

Goaty:
At a guess, around the £500 mark. :open_mouth: Given the state of things at the moment though if you shop around I’m sure someone would be glad of the business !

DD is your man for this - out of my remit

You really do have too much time on your hands Rog.

ROG:

Goaty:

DD is your man for this - out of my remit

so is everything else really rog! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

apart from banners (obviously)

scantheman:

Scan

Hi scantheman, Here’s your answer mate:

Goaty:

That’s the minimum you’d need, but if you don’t have a current ADR certificate, you’d have to factor in the three weeks or so that it takes to issue the ADR licence after you’ve sat the exams.

:blush: I can’t improve on a single word that Goaty wrote. :wink:

Watch for a PM. :smiley:

delboytwo:

scantheman:

Scan

IMO the full one with tanks

Hi delboytwo, That’s what a lot of people think, but the current way that ADR is offered is a bit like a pick-and-mix menu.
In this case, only three ADR modules would be needed.

Most providers offer a three day course covering Core, Packages and seven Classes then tack a ‘bolt-on’ tanker course on the end to make a five-day week.
A person needing just three modules would be coming and going a bit, because very few providers offer ‘tailor-made’ cut down versions.

In the current financial climate, people can save money on their ADR course if they know exactly what job they’ll be doing.

chevmac:

:open_mouth::laughing: :laughing::wink::grimacing:

dieseldave:

scantheman:

Scan

Hi scantheman, Here’s your answer mate:

Goaty:

That’s the minimum you’d need, but if you don’t have a current ADR certificate, you’d have to factor in the three weeks or so that it takes to issue the ADR licence after you’ve sat the exams.

:blush: I can’t improve on a single word that Goaty wrote. :wink:

Watch for a PM. :smiley:

Praise indeed ! :blush: