What CDs do you listen to in the cab?

Its okay listening to the radio (mostly radio 2) but often Jeremy Vines inane comments are too much to bare! And its time to put in a CD,contrary to popular belief truckers don`t all love country and western. I have Basic Channel( dub techno),Foals,New Fads,Radiohead to name but a few,what are your choices?

Toval930:
Its okay listening to the radio (mostly radio 2) but often Jeremy Vines inane comments are too much to bare! And its time to put in a CD,contrary to popular belief truckers don`t all love country and western. I have Basic Channel( dub techno),Foals,New Fads,Radiohead to name but a few,what are your choices?

No one uses CDs anymore, grandad.

I listen to the music on phone, which is a mix of pretty much everything and downloaded podcasts, mostly techno, house and funk.

Depends what mood I’m in, don’t mind a bit of country and western either.

A.

I think the word eclectic covers my music library .
Beatles to Bach , A/C D/C to Sinatra via Willy Nelson .
Some on CDs and some on an MP3 player as some of the later infotainment systems don’t take CDs !!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Being in France, The radio is crap, I get bored with cd’s etc… So I have a way to record UK Radio 2, or any other station, and save to Itunes / ipod, My wife records it while I am away and I save it and listen to it down the road, I am so far behind at the moment I am listening to June 2017, Its only the news thats not current, and If its a crap day I can skip to the next one.
And I dont have to listen to Xmas ■■■■

Bah Humbug

SteveWalsh:
Being in France, The radio is crap, I get bored with cd’s etc… So I have a way to record UK Radio 2, or any other station, and save to Itunes / ipod, My wife records it while I am away and I save it and listen to it down the road, I am so far behind at the moment I am listening to June 2017, Its only the news thats not current, and If its a crap day I can skip to the next one.
And I dont have to listen to Xmas [zb]

Bah Humbug

Ever found yourself listening to French Folk music in the middle of the night on a deserted autoroute? :laughing:

Just me then :laughing:

A.

Spotify is the way fwd

I use youtube converter to download any songs i like then just listen via bluetooth to the truck, must have over 500 songs on my phone, ACDC to Andrea Bocelli :blush: :smiley:

What’s a CD?..asked my 10 year old so recently :smiley:

I have around 400 CDs from which I take half a dozen or so every week. 90% classic rock with some blues thrown in. I don’t listen to much else.

I also have DAB radio for Planet Rock, 5 Live and Talksport

SteveWalsh:

Bah Humbug

Ever tried “British Radios” app? 40? stations including all the main BBC ones. I find it much better than the i-player. And you can shout at politicians in real time rather than just shout at recordings of them!

Eddie Izzard. :wink:

I have a long line of CD’s in my truck and I honestly can’t remember the last time I popped one in the slot ?
I mostly listen to the BBC radio 2, radio 4 (for the Archers) Heart FM or the BBC iplayer radio. I use the TUNE IN app and have unlimited data so I don’t pay subscriptions to some rip off satellite radio scam LOL.

xichrisxi:
What’s a CD?..asked my 10 year old so recently :smiley:

Bizarrely your average yoof is more likely to know what a vinyl record is than a CD these days. :open_mouth:

I have an app on my phone that can stream any radio station,between 5am and 930am and 12 to 2pm i generally listen to radio ■■■■■■■ or absolute radio. BBCWM has the dark lord on breakfast show now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ipod for me, anything from "old time radio sherlock holmes to techno

no CD players in our CF’s.
i’m into Dance stuff…Scooter etc. :sunglasses: on my MP3

Franglais:

SteveWalsh:

Bah Humbug

Ever tried “British Radios” app? 40? stations including all the main BBC ones. I find it much better than the i-player. And you can shout at politicians in real time rather than just shout at recordings of them!

I dont have internet or apps and things like that when I am away from home

I got DAB in my motor, listen to it nearly all the time. Ive been listening to GBH’s new CD called Momentum. Proper Punk Rock.

I’ve started buying music on CD again. I lost a load due to a hard drive failure so it’s nice to have a physical back up.

Just bought the new asking Alexandria album. Iron maiden book of souls has been a regular for months now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Depends but roughly goes hand in hand with the time of day…

0600 - 0700 R4 Today
0700 - 1200 R6
1200 - 1600 Audiobooks (usually non-fiction, sport related)
1600 - 0000 Podcasts and favourite radio shows (Football Weekly, Totally Football Show, R4 Any Questions, R4 Moral Maze, R6 Nemone’s Electric Ladyland, R2 Jamie Cullum, Comedian’s Comedian, Unfiltered with James O Brien) and live football on R5
0000 - 0600 Spotify and Soundcloud (Post Punk, New Wave, Jazz, Techno, Acid House - current favourites include Avalon Emerson mixes on SoundCloud and ZE Records back catalogue on Spotify)