What can you do?

Driving into our yard I was following a tilt trailer (dutch plates) and noticed it had no trailer lights, it didn’t have any lights as the bulbs and lenses were missing…as it was unloading opposite my yard I went and mentioned to the driver that the trailer lights were missing, the reply I got by the very polite polish girl (in a polish registered unit) was its not my trailer and it was like that when I collected it…I did wander off bemused. …

That must be the eastern European version of " it was working when I set off officer"

Bugger the light pic, what was she like!

Thank heaven for pretty girls… :laughing:

I didnt think what she looked like was relevant but she was FIT :smiley::grin:

Hmmmm we need pictures really, your perception of fit and mine could be totally different.
Next time say you are doing a blog about female drivers and take a snap of her :laughing:

LoL will do…don transport or something it was, s cab daf and she can just see over the steering wheel :smiley::grin::grin:

good old ferry trailer’s with rubberlite rear light’s (iirc), I get asked daily do I have light’s to put on these, but no I don’t carry them as the trailer’s we look after don’t have them style of light’s fitted…

I was even taught to remove light lenses and bulbs when doing a trailer drop and keep them in the cab! When I said about it being someone else’s trailer and doing multi trailer swaps I was told before long you’ll have most types in the cab! (And a lot of ■■■■■■ off trailer owners/next drivers to pick up the trailer!)

Anyone with any sense, always carries a spare set of lenses and bulbs( and spares ) I dont care how fit she is, i hopes she get stops by VOSA, and has to pay a big fine, she will remember it next time.
On that note, there are many who pick up trailers from the docks with faults, number plates seem to be a big issue for some drivers, and often run on the original, which is the long one.

The UK might be ‘slightly’ out of step with the rest of Europe here…because for legal/insurance purposes in the UK a trailer is part of whatever vehicle happens to be towing it.

Most Euro countries have separate reg nos etc for trailers.

I hear there’s a bit of a storm brewing about the state of some unaccompanied trailers arriving in the UK.

GasGas:
The UK might be ‘slightly’ out of step with the rest of Europe here…because for legal/insurance purposes in the UK a trailer is part of whatever vehicle happens to be towing it.

Most Euro countries have separate reg nos etc for trailers.

I hear there’s a bit of a storm brewing about the state of some unaccompanied trailers arriving in the UK.

They certainly look a lot better than they used to do.

I remember following behind a HJ Van Bentum about 4 years ago and the thing was totally lob-sided and bowed in the middle, curtains patched up to buggery, reflectors missing the lens, bent side and rear bars etc etc.

Haven’t seen a old wreck of a looking thing for a while.

‘Old school’ lens keeping/swapping - don’t see too much of that these days!.. or ‘trailer boards’ come to that.

GCR2ERF:
‘Old school’ lens keeping/swapping - don’t see too much of that these days!.. or ‘trailer boards’ come to that.

Still common pratice on old estron trailers…

She would not have needed lights working in the day light hours.To turn,just stick a bamboo branch out of the window to act as a make do indicator.
Who needs all this modern flashy light gubbins and what nots.

truckertang:
I got by the very polite polish girl (in a polish registered unit)

No pics :unamused: :frowning: :slight_smile:

truckertang:
Driving into our yard I was following a tilt trailer (dutch plates) and noticed it had no trailer lights, it didn’t have any lights as the bulbs and lenses were missing…as it was unloading opposite my yard I went and mentioned to the driver that the trailer lights were missing, the reply I got by the very polite polish girl (in a polish registered unit) was its not my trailer and it was like that when I collected it…I did wander off bemused. …0

Work one into Trap 2.