What are your depreciation terms

In other words how long do you reckon a truck will last.

Doing soe sums to see what I would want to make per mile / per day to make OD a viable choice and just wondering how long I could run a truck for in years till replace.

Now a lot depends on the weight and type of work but would 10 years been seen as pushing it too long.

I mean i see plenty of “P” reg onwards wagons still on the road so dont think that this is too long.

Currently looking at 4 year old TGA XXLs to do either some haib work with a contact I have or reefer/box work (i like fridges dont know why, i think its the whole food thing).

So looking at 5 year finance giving me a year of grace then a replacement.

or will a 10 year old wagon need more parts than jimminy cricket.

I run a 98 R-Reg on tipper work. I hope it lasts me another 3/4 years. Fingers crossed!

There is no reason why a truck shouldn’t last for 10/15 years+ as long as it is looked after.

I change the oil + oil filter every 15,000kms and the fuel filter every other oil change. If it needs something doing, it goes in the garage. I know a lad with an F-Reg Foden 8-legger that is pretty reliable, mainly cos’ he looks after it. :slight_smile:

However, I have had the odd breakdown and it does cost a fair bit in maintainence. If you are planning on doing fridge-work I would assume that breakdowns are an absolute no-no? :confused:

Theres nothing wrong with the wagon breaking down…now if the fridge breaks down :smiling_imp: