What are you doing about the 90/180 rule?

I will have done 89 days in the EU by 25th November therefore effectively stopping any euro work till the end of feb but realistically until May.

Coming back in the truck it’s just a glance and off you go but flying back from Germany the customs took a good look at my stamps, I showed him a visa calculator that gave me enough days . This seemed to please him and he stamped it and I was on my way.

Will you ignore the rules, will your co get work visas will you just stop going to Europe?

It’s already impacted on my social life as I can’t go to Italy for a holiday or visit my Swedish girlfriend.

No access to an Irish passport either.

So,what you euro boys doing?

If your passport has been stamped - in and out - then you are done - unless you are prepared to chance it. Nothing to be done.
When self scanning of passports comes in, the chip will show immigration your entry and exit days.
Presuming that technology will flag you up as an overstay then the proverbial will hit the fan and you risk being fined / banned etc.
Keep us posted.

There’s no exception for hgv drivers? Seems a bit harsh! Except if you voted for it of course :laughing:

will have done 89 days in the EU by 25th November therefore effectively stopping any euro work till the end of feb but realistically until May.

You do realise if your 90 days finishes on 25th nov, if you exit EU for say 30 days you are then able to re-enter for 30 days. Why do you think you wouldn’t be able to return until may?
It’s a rolling 180 days not fixed from first entry date.

drover:

will have done 89 days in the EU by 25th November therefore effectively stopping any euro work till the end of feb but realistically until May.

You do realise if your 90 days finishes on 25th nov, if you exit EU for say 30 days you are then able to re-enter for 30 days. Why do you think you wouldn’t be able to return until may?

That’s not true. If you go to Europe for 90 days, you can’t leave for 30 days and then go back for another 30 days.

stu675:

drover:

That’s not true. If you go to Europe for 90 days, you can’t leave for 30 days and then go back for another 30 days.

Yes you can it’s a rolling 180 days.

drover:
Seems a bit harsh!

All part of the Johnson “oven ready deal.”
(the deal that still hasn`t been fully implemented by the UK)

stu675:

drover:

90+30 = 120. So, another 60 days outside of the EU* needed before re-entry allowed.
That assumes that the 90 days is in a solid block, but anyone working 5 days a week in EU will be doing 90 days in 18 weeks, that is 146 days. 44 clear days (just over 6 weeks) are therefore needed before starting again. Assuming no weekends spent at work, and no holidays will be taken in EU.

And note that the OP knows what he is about:

joe royal:
I showed him a visa calculator that gave me enough days

Possibly this one?
schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/

*EU / Schengen area.

That’s the calculator I used. Getting a work visa is pretty straight forward if a bit of a faff as you have to present yourself at the French embassy (usually) and get photo graphed and finger printed.

joe royal:
That’s the calculator I used. Getting a work visa is pretty straight forward if a bit of a faff as you have to present yourself at the French embassy (usually) and get photo graphed and finger printed.

A French work visa (is it that easy to get? I admit surprise!) will not cover you for work in other Schengen countries will it? Work permits are national, not EU wide.
Although there are very few checks once inside the Schengen area, will you be working in more than one country?
If you fly back into Germany, how will they look at your papers?
Im sure I dont know.

I am assuming it is a UK company, and a UK truck?

Irish reg truck so in theory it’s an Irish co but I’m paid by an English co in pounds.

It’s flagged out to get around cabotage

From what a visa agency told me any country can give a visa and it’s covered for all the SZ you apply to the first country you go to (France usually) or the country you will be spending the most time in (Germany in this case)

Getting a visa in this case would have needed me to down load the tour itinerary, book hotels (with free cancellation) get an invite from the tour promoter and a letter from the trucking co. Take all that to the French embassy get your prints and picture taken, leave your passport and £67 and they return it stamped up a couple of weeks later.

It’s pretty much the same as getting a Russian work visa.

From what a visa agency told me any country can give a visa and it’s covered for all the SZ you apply to the first country you go to (France usually) or the country you will be spending the most time in (Germany in this case)
[/quote]
Have you a link to this info please

drover:

stu675:

drover:

Do you have any evidence of that? Because the way I understand it, within the past 180 days ( because nobody can look at the future 180 days) you can only spend 90 days inside Europe.
Eg day 1 to 90 in the EU, you need to leave for 90 days before you return.

joe royal:
Irish reg truck so in theory it’s an Irish co but I’m paid by an English co in pounds.

It’s flagged out to get around cabotage

Getting a visa in this case would have needed me to down load the tour itinerary, book hotels (with free cancellation) get an invite from the tour promoter and a letter from the trucking co. Take all that to the French embassy get your prints and picture taken, leave your passport and £67 and they return it stamped up a couple of weeks later.

It’s pretty much the same as getting a Russian work visa.

That`s a bucket of worms!

“How can I get a Schengen work visa to Europe?
The Schengen work visa does not exist”
schengenvisainfo.com/working-schengen-visa/

OwenMoney:

Have you a link to this info please
[/quote]
Have fun :smiley:
My hedge won`t trim itself!

Not being up to speed with all the reg`s,but I read somewhere its 90 days in the EU / schengan countries without a Visa
I could be wrong I often am

IF your doing the work you say you are Mcguiness or Crossland ?
why haven’t you a second passport ?

lolipop:
Not being up to speed with all the reg`s,but I read somewhere its 90 days in the EU / schengan countries without a Visa

Apparently everyone gets a 90 day visa waiver, you have to extend it. This is where the problems start.

No, the problem started in 2016

OwenMoney:
No, the problem started in 2016

I’m guessing you’re not one of those who’ve benefitted from a double digit percentage wage rise since 2020. For those of us who have we recognise the problem started in 2005.

lolipop:

The EES system - scheduled to come into force in May 2023 - is a way of keeping track of visitors within the EU and will apply at all external Schengen borders, while ETIAS - scheduled for November 2023 - is a €7 travel visa for tourists.

I’m in Eire at the moment on holiday. Nobody asked for my passport on entry, so I’m guessing this will be a free trip and not count?