What are we doing now

To-morrow morning I am driving a tipper on local work, very exicting! what about you.
Dave
davemackie.truckdrivers.co.uk/

Going to work in the office at HC Wilson, trying to help plan and direct customers and drivers around the UK and Europe. Nearly 4 months in and off the road and still loving it!

Loading a container at Witham in Essex in the Morning and then
probably load another one in Tilbury ( fascanating stuff) in the
afternoon :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Crackon Sounds like loads of Waste Paper to me going to our friends in China .Who you driving for ?

been off sick for 15 weeks, recovering from a disc being removed, gotta try and get motivated for i`m going back to work next week (solstor)…well thats the plan anyway…got 4 weeks holiday from the end of June in my place in BG.

Since I came back from Canada in Jan, had a bit of Angina so driving a Sprinter round for a mate of mine, keeps my hand in, back on the trucks in August. 4 drops Leeds, Bolton and Salford tomorrow.

Rob Campbell:
Crackon Sounds like loads of Waste Paper to me going to our friends in China .Who you driving for ?

Working for Dave Bennets down in Sheerness mate was with EFS
till last Christmas then this job came up so as i live down here now
thought i would go for it i get home every night and the moneys pretty
much the same we load a lot of waste paper in Nordics in Tilbury.
tomorrow i tip paper Milton Keynes then run into Tilbury and reload
the box. it aint quite the adrenalin rush of European work but at my
age its cushty work and i just love the M25 :wink: :wink: :wink:

Sadly thats all this country seems to export nowadays All our crap waste !!Paper Scrap Metal Plastic India and China can’t get enough of it and I think thats a factor in the current fuel crisis.I read the other day that China puts 34,000 new cars on the road every day!!!Sorry to stray off the thread chaps but it really makes my blood boil when you think how great this country was.

Started 31st May, Birmingham Heathrow Denmark Sweden Finland Norway Denmark Holland currently in Glasgow, got 10 days of gigs in UK and Ireland, then Belgium Greece Albania Bulgaria Istanbul Hungary Croatia Germany UKx3 Czech Italy Spain x5 and Portugal, then tip Heathrow and Birmingham, im sure ive forgotten a couple of countries :blush: around 10 weeks away and not a chance of nipping home. Although i work for a British firm i dont see many Brits abroad nowadays :cry:

Rob Campbell:
Sadly thats all this country seems to export nowadays All our crap waste !!Paper Scrap Metal Plastic India and China can’t get enough of it and I think thats a factor in the current fuel crisis.I read the other day that China puts 34,000 new cars on the road every day!!!Sorry to stray off the thread chaps but it really makes my blood boil when you think how great this country was.

Im sorry that the thread is straying too, Maybe someone could move it with a new topic heading.

Most of our exports to Europe now are waste products, empty pallets or returning empty packaging to suppliers. I think the walking floor lads at Stobarts are still taking old newspapers for waste processing in France.

We collect baled up newspaper, kraft paper and cardboard, to send to France, yet when I was younger I worked with a couple of guys who collected and recycled paper and cardboard in this country. they had a couple of new Jags every year, the trucks were replaced regularly, we had new forklift trucks and plant as well as mega wages.

Imports for us now are consumer products like bottled water, pet food, wines and steel, it wrankles with me when I have to deliver imported stainless steel to Sheffield. We used to do a lot of auto parts until PSA in Ryton was closed. on an earlier thread I posted about the days of British Leyland when there were 523 wildcat strikes in one year.

We are probably better off to emigrate to India now…

Well it seems im not the only driver that misses the old days,the company i work for gave up european work a few years ago now.I dont have no nights out now and only work monday to friday,i load out of tilbury and either go to portsmouth or northampton or just local london.I miss when if you was doing european and had to clear customs you would normally meet up with someone you knew and you,d go for a meal or to a bar and have a good social live as well as an enjoyable job but now its just seems rush rush an no one has time to stop.My company only has two artics now and they way things are going i only hope they pull through this bad time with the derv getting so expensive they are finding things hard.

computer fault

boyzee:
Well it seems im not the only driver that misses the old days,the company i work for gave up european work a few years ago now.I dont have no nights out now and only work monday to friday,i load out of tilbury and either go to portsmouth or northampton or just local london.I miss when if you was doing european and had to clear customs you would normally meet up with someone you knew and you,d go for a meal or to a bar and have a good social live as well as an enjoyable job but now its just seems rush rush an no one has time to stop.My company only has two artics now and they way things are going i only hope they pull through this bad time with the derv getting so expensive they are finding things hard.

Tell me about it. Was doing Europe for 15 yrs untill i got made redundant 2yrs ago ,been doing bits and pieces since. Still get the urge to “go over the the water” but not much chance of that in a class 2 with block grab !! :confused:

BOYZEE…are you called TED…and have you got a load of TATTOOS…
only asking in case i know ya…and i was in basildon at the weekend visiting my daughter.

truckyboy:
only asking in case i know ya…and i was in basildon at the weekend visiting my daughter.

No my name is Martin i have photos on here under sgh and tentraco and north africa.I been around a long time so we could have met at some time.I drive an XF on s j selfes been on here about 12 years but known the owners since1971,I hope to finish my driveing days here,if ever your in basildon an fancy meeting i can pm you my number.

Would that be Danny Selfe in factory road, if it is I used to drop off Highland Spring water for onward delivery to the west end & the city. Always found Danny to be very helpful.
Give him my regards,
Dave.

davemackie.truckdrivers.co.uk/

Hello boys
Im in Auckland, NZ at the moment, for two weeks checking on some property developments that me and a mate of mine are working on. Its the middle of winter and I miss the sunny Caribbean!!
There are some interesting trucks here, I will get some pics and post them when I get back.
Best regards from down under.
GS

Gavin…dont you over do it now will ya…carribean my arse…your one of those pirates aint ya…that keeps attacking our royal navy…well give it all back or else…

Martin…(boyzee)…im gonna get to the bottom of this...did you work for (boy) in Silvertown..does Peter King ring a bell....and im in basildon end of july…before i go to BG…

truckyboy:

are you thinking about ted who worked on martintrux, i havent seen him for a lot of years, dunno what hes up to these days, he`s like a lot of blokes from way back, they vanish and then one day you go into b&q for a box of screws and there he is behind the counter.

truckyboy:
Gavin…dont you over do it now will ya…carribean my arse…your one of those pirates aint ya…that keeps attacking our royal navy…well give it all back or else…

Thats it Truckyboy “Pirates of the Caribbean”
He who dares Rodders, he who dares !!!

Its ■■■■■■ cold down ere and Ive got to face up to these bleeding Kiwis beating England in Rugby and Cricket !!!

Still atleast weve got more people than sheep in Barbados.
But the Lamb does taste good ere.
Shish kebab Abi…chilli sos.
GS down under…