What are they for?

Hi guys. Was looking at this haulage firms website. Was gona chance my arm and see if they would take newbies. (Doubt). They are hour half away from me anyway. Bit far. Anyway was flicking threw there pics. And ive offen wondered what the bars are for either side of front window screen in this lorry. But i often see them in many lorrys and often wondered. Just somthing wanted know. Thanks guys :smiley:

For toasting marshmellows over a glowing brake disc.

Ack!! Great!! Was wondering what that was for. Must try that :unamused: :unamused:

They’re Bull ‘Shyting’ (oops sorry) Fighting Spears, you can only have them if you’ve killed a Bull in the Ring (ouch) & they are compulsory in Frilly Curtained Tractor Units (usually Scania’s)
VOSA will stop you & fine you if they are not accompanied with the Curtains.

I know im not listen to the marsh mallow joke :unamused: . I still dont get… whats the whole point of them? If your trailers a curtain sider you need too have these bars??

davy1111:
I know im not listen to the marsh mallow joke :unamused: . I still dont get… whats the whole point of them? If your trailers a curtain sider you need too have these bars??

They are pure bling mate. No purpose. Find something else to worry about :wink:

Really?? No i thought it was somthing for me too worry about. That they where there for reason. Ive seen loads upon loads lorrys with them. Cheers mate :smiley:

Do they not have a yard outside of belfast davy

Yes irish lorries mate they have yard in lisnaskee mate. Im anderstown rd in west belfast. Its hour half drive mate. Sort of armagh that sort direction think

Yes I see what you mean lisnaskee is a bit far to go is there not a few companies in that area like mulgrew in Dromore or creggan transport crossmaglen or polar transport newry they are big companies so they may take on a new driver

They be for Hamster fighting :wink:

No there flag poles

My mates wifes sister is marryed to mulgrew. I told him put a word in for me. Apparntly they have new site in spucefield lisburn. I know they where in dromore. Mite join driver hire agency or somthing. Think thats where most of us have start

Good luck it’s getting a lot easier for new drivers in this part of the country

Cheers mate. You working yourself?

Not at the moment

O rite. Passing the driving test seems be easy part. Its the getting job part is hardest :laughing:

Bars either side of the windscreen?

I’m not a trained lorry driver but I think they are to hold the wing mirrors :smiley:

Honk did you look at the picture above?? Inside the cab. Front WINDOW SCREEN both sides :smiley:

davy1111:
O rite. Passing the driving test seems be easy part. Its the getting job part is hardest :laughing:

Yes but it seems to be getting easier