What are the chances

I left the army in 92 after the first gulf war so thats 13 years ago.

Today i was working in salvasens leigh depot and this guy comes upto me says i know you, err sorry mate ive no idea who you are then he says 27 regiment rct 89-92 well [zb] me after he jogged my memory i remembered who he was and we had a right old natter

small world aint it

simon

I had the same experience in 93. Delivering chilled food to Somerfield in Torpoint. Milk lorry comes in driven by a mate from my unit in Hohne back in 77. :astonished:

And the scary thing about this is that you might be seeing all your mates again, and soon!!!

When this Government calls us all up to go to Iraq.

Russ

JobberDun:
And the scary thing about this is that you might be seeing all your mates again, and soon!!!

When this Government calls us all up to go to Iraq.

Russ

They wont send me again russ i was SNLR’d im clinically insane

simon

that happened to me out in barcelona, i took a couple of weeks holiday and did a run for another company doing exhibition work, i pulled into this montjuc place in barelona and stood in the middle of the parking area is about 10 other drivers so as i pulled up to find out where to put the trailer the first person i see is this mate of mine i used to work with in 1990 and hadn’t seen since, this was only last year too.
we had the crack and caught up on things then swapped numbers and i keep in touch with him on a semi regular basis now.

I went to my local Hospital open day, the R Marines were there doing abseiling off the roof, I asked my kids if they would like to see me do it, cheers kids.
Paid my money at the fete area and walked over to the abseil point and this Sgt in RM uniform with an RA badge on walked up and said “Hello Andy”, I’d served in the same RA regiment (26 Fd Regt RA) in the Gulf in 91 with him.
I’ve bumped into a number of guys I served with, all over the country.