What are the chances of that!?

Feeling pretty over the moon at the moment, And rather proud of myself at the moment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Had a call today back from one of my apprenticeships, thinking oh dear I’ve not got it and they are phoning to put insult to injury and tell me I’ve not got it. Well quite the opposite!! I was asked whether I was still interested (Car & Van mechanics) …Yes I am. Well I would like to let you know that out of 200 applicants you are one of 7 shortlisted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So goes to show, there is always a chance. Hard work pays off, and things are looking good. I have my assessment and formal interview on wednesday so that should be fun :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley:

Still in a state of shock, at the fact I’m 1 out of 7 people shortlisted. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not often I get that kind of luck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Fingers crossed for you mate, hope they are taking on 7.

Unfortunately they are only taking one on. So I just hope my personality and ‘brains’ shine through :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not grumbling, mum and dad are giving me money to go with and if I get it there’ll be a big celebration doo so I’m hoping too get it :slight_smile:

I’ll keep posted on how it went etc :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Well, unfortunately I didn’t get it :cry: :frowning:

My assessments were fine, well my maths and english were. Infact I got full marks on the Maths assessment and my English assessment 3 marks off full marks :open_mouth: :open_mouth: So instantly showing my English has improved! He threw in a mechanical knowledge test, to be accepted by the ‘big boys’ I had to have a minimum pass mark of 23 :cry: :cry: :cry: Missed it by 3 marks!

He said that I would be alright to do the Level 2 stuff but the Level 3 they wouldn’t be able too do. I asked whether I would be able to do the Level 2 stuff and whether I’m good enough in my training whether I can go on to the Level 3 stuff. But as said they are big manufacturers and not willing to take the risk so fair enough.

Too make it worse, it’s the same training company that does the DAF apprenticeship and all the other big players like Merc, Porsche, Iveco Etc So I don’t know if that’s going too affect me in my DAF application. But I can only find out. But I suppose it isn’t the end of the world :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Least I got the opportunity to do it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers