what am i doing wrong??

one of the wagons I drive is giving me some jip, when loaded and having to reverse either on soft ground or up a gradient i have to give it some welly which makes the prop vibrate ect, i have tried less revs but the truck does,nt want to move unless i give it some, it also has diff locks which i have tried but still the same,
is it me or what can i try to combat it??

If it’s soft ground are you getting wheelspin? It might help if you tell us what your driving and what you’re working at to narrow it down. Might be how your traoler is loaded, Tell us more!

8 leg tipper, no wheel spin, load about as equal as you can get on a tipper

i’ve had this a couple of times on rigids, its only bad when you are reversing on a gradient, even if its only a slight one. Its like the whole truck violently bouncing and vibrating to the point were you think its going to fall to pieces, i have no idea what it is, my initial thought was its something worn around the clutch area.

I think it might be clutch judder? Caused by a slight misalignment in the clutch I think but sooner or later someone handy with the spanners will offer a better diagnosis.

yep its exactly like butty says, its caught me out a couple of times on busy sites and i,ve had everyone turn around to see what the prob is leaving me a little red faced.

Might sound obvious but have you checked that you’ve dropped into low range? It’s easy to forget if your rushing about. If you have forgotten it will take quite a heavy right foot to get going on a slope/soft ground.

yep I did try that but its the same wether high/low…

Sometimes an 8 legger will complain and whine no matter what you do, it usually happened to me when maneuvering round sharp corners. It happens, slip the clutch a bit and live with it. You will, eventually, find the technique that works for that wagon. Of course, the next wagon you have will want it done another way entirely.

Diff locks are only there to get you OUT of trouble, not into more.

does the same problem occur in an auto :question: :question: - I assume that there are auto 8 leggers about…