What a [zb] week!

I have had about as much as I can take with this damm snow we are getting hammered with this month. :cry:

It seems we get ‘Noreaster’ after ‘Noreaster’. Monday started out with me getting up to a record minus 30f outside and luckily my monday delivery apt was moved to that afternoon so I could actually get the ice out of the fuel lines etc, the feul was treated and it started after some very slow turns but soon started to missfire due to icing in the fuel lines so in the car and up to CVS to but a bottle of neat alcohol to put in the tank, then on idle for 2 hours and it cleared.
In the afternoon I set off up the road to Fair Haven VT hooked to my trailer and set out to Ben & Jerry’s once more. Over a few hills on route 22A she started to skip and I just changed down and put my foot to the floor in the hope it would clear … it did and I delivered on time. I ran straight down to NYC after which takes about 7 hours and parked till morning when I was given the next assignment over the peoplenet system, it was a weds load and delivery to Scranton PA so I could have gone home instead of spending all of tues in Yonkers yard, I was not happy, I also got my next assignment with the Scranton, come back and reload for thurs morning Ben & Jerry’s. The weather and news channles told of a comming huge storm heaing up the coast with up to 2 feet of snow expected :open_mouth:
Tuesday I loaded at 02.00, set out for Scranton with an 08.00 delivery, arrived at 07.00 and hit the bunk for an hour, or at least that what I had planned before Jimmy the reciever woke me up afte just 10 mins to unload early and tell me tales of conspiracy theories etc (He’s ravin’ mad). As I left there at about 08.30 flakes started falling and I tuned to a station to hear the forecast, all said different things so I gave up. I stopped at the TA on I-80 near the Delarware water gap for fuel, shower and steak and eggs by which time the snow was hammering down. I spent over n hour there and set out to NYC again where it seems to have stopped

I have to continue on a new window coz my netbook doesn’t allow too much room in one window…

Anyway back in NYC I reload and it’s not snowing, I set my e’log on sleeper to get 10 hours in and sit to await the white hell thats comming. I put some old black and white movie I found on a channel down there and fell asleep only to be waken by Rich Browne (Longwayround) asking if I want to go for some grub ? as it happened 4 of us went to the diner and ate.
On return I had 6 hours sleep to take before I could legaly move out at 23.00 which accoding to the news was about an hour after the heavy snow should arrive. I couldn’t for the life of me :neutral_face: I just grabbed an hour or so eventually waking at 22.30 and looking out through the curtains to see heavy snow in the yard but snow plows working hard, so it was about 2 inches and ok.
The bad thing about e’logs is that once you log on you are committed and another 10 hours break is needed if you change your mind so without logging on I drove slowly to the guard shack to check out and saw the crews were keeping the street outside well clear. I logged in and left rather than staying there till it got worse… BIG MISTAKE :open_mouth: It took me 30 minutes to get 4 miles and the snow was over a foot deep in the streets, once on the interstate (I-87) it was the same, a foot or more with no wheel ruts and as I started at build up speed the truck started spitting and spluttering :open_mouth: I made it to the first tolls and stopped, popped the hood (Bonnet) to find the air intakes where full of snow, I cleared them and got going again. The highway was 8" to 1’ till I got to Newburgh NY and that took 3 hours when it normally take 1.
After Newburgh the roads cleared and above Kingston NY it wasn’t snowing at all, I made Ben & jerry on time but wish I had stayed in NYC for 6 hors. I will know better next time, in the mean time … go away snow.

Sounds like fun, too bad I am missing that, starting to go nuts wandering around the house :cry: would rather be driving.

Cool story bro. :sunglasses: :laughing:

What’s the betting we’ll get some of that storm over here in the UK??

I’ve learned that whenever the US of Canada gets something bad, about 2-3 weeks later, something similar hits us.

Coincidence??

You think you had it bad this week Pat, the fork lifts at most of the stores where i load would’nt start so i was forced to go to the motel early :exclamation: :cry: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Goldfinger:
What’s the betting we’ll get some of that storm over here in the UK??

I’ve learned that whenever the US of Canada gets something bad, about 2-3 weeks later, something similar hits us.

Coincidence??

No mate. Gulf stream.

It is all down to your laughing at us snowy people in the summer, Pat. Your own fault really… :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

No fuel line heaters Pat? I thought you boys across the pond had all the gear?

No worse feeling than an engine coughing in the cold & the just knowing you may have to fettle it yourself, I always used to put a cap of brake fluid in with every fill when it got below -10 but I dare say these new motors would be upset by that.

At least you got tipped on time.

fly sheet:
No fuel line heaters Pat? I thought you boys across the pond had all the gear?

No worse feeling than an engine coughing in the cold & the just knowing you may have to fettle it yourself, I always used to put a cap of brake fluid in with every fill when it got below -10 but I dare say these new motors would be upset by that.

At least you got tipped on time.

The crap we drive over here is about 20 year behind in technology mate, no night heaters, no in line heaters. We run our engines all week long to keep warm and the fuel flowing.

remy:
You think you had it bad this week Pat, the fork lifts at most of the stores where i load would’nt start so i was forced to go to the motel early :exclamation: :cry: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Spoiled Walmart drivers :smiley:

Pat thats odd I had heaters never had to run the rig more than a few minutes first think in the morn before starting out biggest problem was getting moving with the ■■■■ tyres I had a small mound of dirt to go up would have me spinning but the tyres were good 2/32nds wear left.

Brentanna:
Pat thats odd I had heaters never had to run the rig more than a few minutes first think in the morn before starting out biggest problem was getting moving with the [zb] tyres I had a small mound of dirt to go up would have me spinning but the tyres were good 2/32nds wear left.

Our O/O’s usually have APU’s to keep them warm or cool but comany drivers don’t.
I drive for a very big company with modern (by US standards) trucks but we have to run them to keep warm.
Our newer truck have ‘Clean Idle’ which means the use the DEF system, but they still run them 24/7.

Pat Hasler:

Brentanna:
Pat thats odd I had heaters never had to run the rig more than a few minutes first think in the morn before starting out biggest problem was getting moving with the [zb] tyres I had a small mound of dirt to go up would have me spinning but the tyres were good 2/32nds wear left.

Our O/O’s usually have APU’s to keep them warm or cool but comany drivers don’t.
I drive for a very big company with modern (by US standards) trucks but we have to run them to keep warm.
Our newer truck have ‘Clean Idle’ which means the use the DEF system, but they still run them 24/7.

When I drove for Fed Ex in the 90’s I had a 1988 model 1625 Merc that was far more advanced than the 2006 Frieghtliner I drive now, it had a great night heater that used about a pint every 8 hours and an inline fuel heater.
I once sugested fitting european night heaters to the truck at St Annes when I worked there and was told not to waste the bosses time.

Pat Hasler:

Pat Hasler:

Brentanna:

When I drove for Fed Ex in the 90’s I had a 1988 model 1625 Merc that was far more advanced than the 2006 Frieghtliner I drive now, it had a great night heater that used about a pint every 8 hours and an inline fuel heater.
I once sugested fitting european night heaters to the truck at St Annes when I worked there and was told not to waste the bosses time.

Pat, when will you ever learn that you can not teach the Yanks anything, they are the best in the world at everything lol.
I have lost count of the number of people I have ticked off proving their trucks and operating methods are way behind the times.
One guy wanted to fight me bacause I told him Mack trucks was owned by the French a few years back ffs.
You just can not educate them, and if you show that you are smarter even not intentionally, they will hold a grudge for life.

You poor soul.That’s why you make the big bucks in Kanada.Hahahahaha

Oh yoo hoo… Roooobbbbbiiiee!!

Pat lives in Noo Yawk, not Canada… :laughing: :laughing:

But it is good to see that you have learned a new word, clearly, which is “reply”… Now that you understand, you have been asked to provide links to the crap…oops, sorry POSTS, that you put on. Now you can reply to all the posts and tell us where it comes from. We want to help you to get over your fixations…

They must have a rota system to use the internet where Robbbie is kept. He appears at regular intervals, so when his sesssion (see what I did there?) is over he can’t reply until his turn comes round again. That’s my explanation and I’m sticking to it until someone comes up with a better one. :sunglasses:

Maybe its a reward for getting all the colored blocks in the right holes, you know they give food treats to rats when they do what they are suppose to.
Maybe with robbbieee they let him play with the computer. Or maybe he is finished elecrtoshock for today

Brentanna:
Maybe its a reward for getting all the colored blocks in the right holes, you know they give food treats to rats when they do what they are suppose to.
Maybe with robbbieee they let him play with the computer. Or maybe he is finished elecrtoshock for today

You’re just being silly now. Robbbiiiieeee would have no chance of getting the right blocks. He doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.