what a waste .

just had a walk past cross’s yard at northwich,it’s like a seen from the 70’s with so many old a series ,old atkinsons,and dozens of tandam axle flat’s some still have rolled up rotten sheet’s still on them,there was a hole in the chain link fence but i did’nt fancy getting chased up the yard off the mad yard dog,i took a few snaps so i will try and get them on here :slight_smile: ,i 've never seen so many axle’s and stacked trailers,i reckon the gas axe is just around the corner :frowning:

Hi Gaz

Site sold for housing development so the grape vine says. Is Peter’s old C Series still on the road or has it joined the rest in the bushes? There were two old Cross ERF’s on E bay last year somewhere in Warrington. Don’t think they sold though.

Regards

Bob

GAZ70:
just had a walk past cross’s yard at northwich,it’s like a seen from the 70’s with so many old a series ,old atkinsons,and dozens of tandam axle flat’s some still have rolled up rotten sheet’s still on them,there was a hole in the chain link fence but i did’nt fancy getting chased up the yard off the mad yard dog,i took a few snaps so i will try and get them on here :slight_smile: ,i 've never seen so many axle’s and stacked trailers,i reckon the gas axe is just around the corner :frowning:

Is that the yard between Witton Albion and Northwich Vic’s football grounds? There was a few old motors/trailers kicking about when I went past a few months ago, as well as a couple of old (early 90’s) cars too.

Blind Bob:
Hi Gaz

Site sold for housing development so the grape vine says. Is Peter’s old C Series still on the road or has it joined the rest in the bushes? There were two old Cross ERF’s on E bay last year somewhere in Warrington. Don’t think they sold though.

Regards

Bob

no bob the c series is the d reg at the top of this thread,it’s not been off the road for long though,peter’s got a dark blue erf now,not sure if it’s a c or e ,it’s rough though :slight_smile: ,i was there on monday with my lad,i would love just to have a proper good root around there yard,when they moved to wincham in 79 there old yard was empty for a while and as kid’s we used to be in there all the time,the stuff we found was unreal,they just dont like getting rid of anything,it’s sad there down to 1 motor but i was told the storage side was still busy.

what a shame … i could see at least one more in the distance but i only had my phone with me … maybe next time i’ll have a walk round and see what else i can find .

bowser:
2what a shame … i could see at least one more in the distance but i only had my phone with me … maybe next time i’ll have a walk round and see what else i can find .

bowser were these motors in cross’s yard at northwich or some where else :question:

bowser:
2what a shame … i could see at least one more in the distance but i only had my phone with me … maybe next time i’ll have a walk round and see what else i can find .

if this is there northwich yard have a good look next time your there,they have got loads more in there including a series with jennings sleeper;s,a foden or two,and did have a atkinson 180 :slight_smile:

now thats a shame, i reckon the c40 could be rescued possibly the b series with the jennings sleeper too. more photo’s please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

bowser:

cross’s ran about 20 trucks a few years back,but now just run one,there storage depot is where they make there money now.

Being G Cross motors, i reckon they will have 8-Pot Gardners in the Dog House!!! Sombody save-em!!!

Hiya …yes i agree but have you never seen rush green thats a 1000 times bigger waste
this is a quicky of rush green. and you would.nt get any of these for less than £1500

John

tetragaz:
now thats a shame, i reckon the c40 could be rescued possibly the b series with the jennings sleeper too. more photo’s please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

That C40 could go back to work I reckon, without it costing a fortune to do.

GAZ70:

bowser:

bowser were these motors in cross’s yard at northwich or some where else :question:

sorry it took so long to reply i just got home .

yes thats were they were and if i’d had the time i would have gone on the hunt for more , loads of stuff just laying around rotting away , axles fuel tanks and god knows what . dam shame . :cry:

incidently i could see a building in the background completely overgrown with trees , i would love to know what treasures are inside that also quite a few trailers just lined up rotting some still loaded …

tetragaz:

cheers
gaz

i’ll try next time im in and this time i’ll take my camera with me .