What a waste of time

I could have had an extra day off today but thanks to a [zb] up in dispatch it was just a wasted day. Got in my cab at 09.00 to head to NYC to drop and hook for a Bordentown load, 10 minutes into the day my peoplenet beeps … ‘NEW MESSAGES’ … Load cancelled but head down anyway, we have some preloads to do’
That had me peeved right off because my orriginal pick up time was 3.00pm and I could actually have stayed at home another hour with my family. South of Albany I get a call, “you may have to head to OJ’s tankwash in Kerney NJ then load oil for a delivery still in New Jersey Pat, I will let you know”
An hour and bit later I stopped at Ramapo services because that was the split for me, either down 17 to the NJTP and Kerney or 287 and 87 to Yonkers, I called dispatch who had me wait a bit then send me to Kerney anyway. Just getting off the exit at Kerney and Peoplenet beeps again ‘NEW MESSAGES’ … load cancelled again. I went through the tolls and did a U turn back onto the turpike north bound and over that sodding bridge. So here I sit in our yard in Yonkers killing time when Cesar the geezer calls because he has no coolant and he is on 87 about 3 miles away and will I buy some and bring it out to him ? He has a Cascadia like mine and they are notorious for sudden coolant level dropping, they can stay stable for weeks then just seem to loose about half a gallon, they are all the same. “When did you last check the lever Cesar ?” I ask him.
"About a month ago " … this guy is an unbelievable :laughing:
I didn’t take him any because the police arrived to help him :laughing:

Now that’s a worth while moan pat I’m impressed boyo :stuck_out_tongue:

Taffy, you have no idea the amount of [zb] i have to put up with ? A couple of years ago they promoted me and gave me the title ‘Lead driver’ which basically means ‘supervisor’ because as there is nobody other than me to take charge at Yonkers terminal, I am left holding the baby many times. If drivers have a problem they look for me to sort it first then if I am not around or don’t answer the phone then they call the company. My truck is an office and store room, I carry spare stationary, lamps and smaller spares and my bunk space contains tools, cordless drill gear and even airlines, every day (if I am on site) I have to perform a complete check of trailers in the refinery and the drop yard which takes some time. When a new driver applies who lives in the area it’s me who has to meet him and check him out and I admit I have turned a few down.
Yesterday morning at 3.00am the dreaded Cesar bangs on my door and wakes me up… Hands me a shipping doc and say’s “Hey bud, I forgot to leave this previous cargo sheet on trailer 302014, can you put it in there for me ?”
“Why the [zb] don’t you walk back through the gate and do it yourself ? it’s only 200 yards away”
He just drops it through my window and leaves. I get a constant bombardment of phone calls which are usually from this guy, so I now trun the sound off when I am at home. I got a call yesterday which throws my plans for next week off. One of our most recent recruits rear ended a truck on the dreaded I-95 in CT and can’t do his early morning monday load so I have to leave home at 11.00pm sunday to do his job.
The only benefit I get from my job is 3 pints of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream every weds :laughing:

I just went through a box of kleenex :cry: :cry:

remy:
I just went through a box of kleenex :cry: :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I almost cried over my burger then lol you like a yoda of yonkers

Do you get extra money for the added responsibility :question:

It’s a pretty smart move by the bosses, you filter out all the BS nonsense at source, so they can get on with their jobs :sunglasses:

In your situation I would have a friendly chat with Cesar, between a couple of trailers in the yard one night :bulb:

As for waking you up for BS reasons, well payback is a ■■■■■, return the favour mate, next time he’s parked and in bed, knock him up and check to see if he’s left all the necessary paperwork in the right places, make sure he has all teh stationary he needs etc. As a supervisor, it’s your job :laughing: