What a total farce!

Trying to book module 2 has had me at the end of my tether today. Rang every number I could find for them today only to be passed around, fobbed off, messed about, redirected, stuck on hold and generally dicked around for over an hour and a half while trying to do my job at the same time and being charged (up to) 40p a minute for the privilege. Still no further forward with it. What the hell is it with all this beaurocratic BS? :imp:
Got another number to call tomorrow as I’d missed them today because the DVSA only work til 12.00!!!
It looks like the driving job I was hoping for with my current employer won’t happen now as its going to take so long to get this sorted.
Am I missing something, or is there a way to get this booked that I’ve overlooked?

No, sorry you’re not missing anything. Consider doing the 35 hours.

No comfort to you, but I’ve spent the best part of today trying to work out how they have lost all the documents to one of my trucks.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I hear you brother.
Sad to say but the process you are trying to negotiate is just like any other modern day ‘interaction’ you have to do in the current world.
Full of endless telephone answering systems only, bureaucratic none-sense and if you do finally get to speak to a person, they can only tell you what their ‘system’ allows them to.
Just to put things in perspective for you, I started the process of becoming a Class 1 driver from scratch roughly at the beginning of the year.
I was hoping to be done, dusted and in some form of work after maybe 3 to 4 months.
Long and short, and like every other budget/plan you do… just double your initial estimate and you will be somewhere near.

If you have a deadline for a job, then I would seriously reconsider it - or at least speak to them and briefly tell them the situation.
There are simply a multitude of things that can/will go wrong and delay the whole process.
Best to be up front about it.

Best of luck and do post updates as it is all very useful info for other people.

Jon

Pete, if I did go the 35 hrs route, wouldn’t I still have the issue of having to book mod 2?
I am considering this route, but its going to take forever due to my employer not allowing me to take any time off for it (rubbish leave entitlement as I’ve only just started with them) and they can’t even authorise unpaid leave unless they’re fully staffed, which seems to be never. But I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do if you want it.

Crusher, you’re right, they don’t make this easy do they!

Pete, if I did go the 35 hrs route, wouldn’t I still have the issue of having to book mod 2?
I am considering this route, but its going to take forever due to my employer not allowing me to take any time off for it (rubbish leave entitlement as I’ve only just started with them) and they can’t even authorise unpaid leave unless they’re fully staffed, which seems to be never. But I guess you gotta do what ya gotta do if you want it.

Reading the OP I presume you passed your car test before 1997, otherwise booking Mod 2 is quick and easy. So, if I am correct in that assumption, you don’t need Mod 2. You can simply complete 35 hours. You will, of course, have to get the time from somewhere. Weekend courses are not as common now that the system has settled but you may be able to find some.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Pete, I passed car test in 1991. Thanks for the info.
Jase