what a prat

by where i live is a hill which has not been gritted and is covered in snow
so an artic trys to go up it just to save himself 2 miles and 5 min drive
he has been stuck there for an hour and the police had to shut the main road at the bottom so he could reverse 1/2 mile down the hill and go the way he should have gone in the first place

chris_g:
he has been stuck there for an hour and the police had to shut the main road at the bottom so he could reverse 1/2 mile down the hill and go the way he should have gone in the first place

So you’ve never made a mistake, must be terrible having to live in a world full of people that do.

Well we won’t know if he knew he should have gone the other way but decided to try the short cut instead.

But my guess would be he’d be pretty stupid to even attempt the slope if he knew the other way. Artics have zero traction on snowy roads with any sort of gradient without winter or at least all season tyres particularly when empty, in these cases, momentum is your friend, until its not :slight_smile:

chris_g:

yes I agree you are a pratt :smiley:
you live there so you know the local roads. This driver may live 400 or more miles away how do you expect him to know which way you prefer him to go. Are there signs for miles around saying if this road has not been gritted will all artics go another way
You really are a pratt aren’t you Chris :bulb:

To be fair to Chris it sounds like a stupid short cut which most drivers wouldn’t attempt.

if he had followed the sign posts and the main road he would have been fine but he chose to go up a hill covered in snow

maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=east+wa … 92.56,0,0

Depends where he was going and where he came from.

To be fair, if he’s using prat-nav and it took him up there, he’s comitted. The bottom of East Way doesn’t look too bad and there’s no indication of the hill from the bottom, or that there’s speed humps and 2 schools at the top. He’d be in the filter lane to turn left from Castle Lane West so wouldn’t be able to go straight on without half the offside lane having to anchor up and slide into each other. Once into East Way the gaps in the reservation aren’t big enough to turn an artic around so he’s comitted. Even if he hadn’t tried the hill, he’d have brought the road to a halt as he’s have to reverse blindside back into Castle Lane West.

Can’t see what’s prattish about this other than relying on sat-nav. Which if you don’t know the area, you’d have no reason not to.

(if he went to the roundabout and turned left into Charminster Road, he’s still have a hill to go up (which if anything is slightly steeper towards it’s junction with east Way)

another stupid thread :unamused:

i agree ^^^ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: