What a past few days

Well what a past few days it’s a been I’ll take you back to we’d night had some dinner in a Dutch TS then halfway thro the football came over all funny,thinking food poising got some Imodium inside me a went to sleep it off.
Thursday awoke sweating,shivering and aching ,any way did my delivery and reloaded for Swindon fast forward to Friday afternoon and my left leg is at least twice it’s normal size (which is big I’m carting around a few extra stone)which I take the the universality Heath hospital,where I still am on a antibiotic drip and a ver high temp awaiting scan tomorrow for a clot, aithough my temp is up BP Is"normal" and blood results show not diabetic it’s been a good way to stop smoking.
So if anyone’s passing I’m on A2

Sorry to hear your bad news,
It is bad enough not being well,than to be miles from home and family,
Hope you get better and on your way again soon

tonyb

Hope you fella better soon Malcommj.

Many a person would have continued to put it off and put it off.
All the best for the scan and heres hoping for nothing serious!

Bad luck feller, get well soon!

malcolmj:
Well what a past few days it’s a been

I was thinking the same thing, went to the Stone Roses gig at Manchester Friday, then on to a warehouse rave.
Spent Saturday morning trying to navigate the British Rail network whilst absolutely smashed off my barnet.
Saturday night spent on the sofa shivering and talking gibberish.

Interesting problem and I do trust you recover soonest…left leg…the one you don’t use if you have an automatic…possible DVT… deep vein thrombosis,I look forward to the revelation as to your prob,then we can get H.M.Government to ban automatics.And I do hope you recover soonest let us know how you get on.

Armagedon:
Interesting problem and I do trust you recover soonest…left leg…the one you don’t use if you have an automatic…possible DVT… deep vein thrombosis,I look forward to the revelation as to your prob,then we can get H.M.Government to ban automatics.And I do hope you recover soonest let us know how you get on.

why ban auto’s :question: your foot isnt superglued down in a auto :smiley: :smiley:
are you incapable of lifting/moving your left leg during the course of your working day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
may as well ban cars and make everyone jog to work :smiley: :smiley:
ban jcb’s and get the shovels out again :smiley:
silly idea, just move yer bleeding leg :smiley:
what should be banned is numpties who abbreviate things then type them out in full :smiley:
dont you think that should be banned :question: :open_mouth:

cieranc:
Bad luck feller, get well soon!

malcolmj:
Well what a past few days it’s a been

I was thinking the same thing, went to the Stone Roses gig at Manchester Friday, then on to a warehouse rave.
Spent Saturday morning trying to navigate the British Rail network whilst absolutely smashed off my barnet.
Saturday night spent on the sofa shivering and talking gibberish.

stone roses = ■■■■ it’s your own fault for lining the pockets of a ■■■■ band!

all the best malcolmj

Armagedon:

Yeah right. Ban forklifts while you’re at it, then we can all handball all day every day and be fit as a flea. :wink:

What a ■■■■. :confused:

Malc, sorry to hear of your hassles, and if it’s any consolation you ain’t the only one to have a crap couple of weeks. Wife and I went to France for a week on the 18th, both of us on Harleys; mine broke down on 22nd (my birthday!)and is still in Reims because the toss-pots who deal with their parts distribution (Caterpillar) can’t get the bits there from Belgium till 6th July, and wifey hit a patch of diesel on the A26 heading into Dunquerque last Sunday and it was pouring with rain, ended up flying over the Armco and trashing hers. She’s OK thankfully apart from a bruise, but trust me guys seeing your missus fly through the air ain’t funny. :frowning:

Hope you’re better soon mate.

To all of you reading this.Please think twice, don’t brim your diesel tank. It could be a fellow trucker riding the bike that hits your spillage!

Hope you get better soon & I thought I had a bad week

You can read it now you have plenty time :laughing: as in Euro forum good for a laugh if nowt else

Just had my scan no baby or clot so no rat poison for me and thanks for your thoughts maybe this scare with spurn me on with my diet and healthier lifestyle

malcolmj:
Just had my scan no baby or clot so no rat poison for me and thanks for your thoughts maybe this scare with spurn me on with my diet and healthier lifestyle

Noticed you tipped in Swindon . . didnt eat in the Truckstop perchance? :neutral_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Suedehead:

malcolmj:

Noticed you tipped in Swindon . . didnt eat in the Truckstop perchance? :neutral_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad to hear you’re gonna be alright geezer :wink:

wdf76:
stone roses = [zb] it’s your own fault for lining the pockets of a [zb] band!

What’s my own fault?

Pleased to here you ok

malcolmj:

No baby :laughing:
What have been up to to think you might be preggers eh :open_mouth:

Get well soon eh.

just been released from hosiptal what a nightmare past 3weeks its been got no leg mussel been in bed for 3 weeks another assessment in a fortnight,and a dristrict nurse to change leg dressings board out my skull , luckly my mrs can keep us on her wage as ssp doesn’t go very far,and a big thank you to the boss
take care out the ans watch out for any red blotches itching anything on your legs get it seen to quick.

Had a similar thing happen about 5 weeks ago…my left leg was swollen to almost twice as big as my right and very red and blotchy…my misses drags me to the doctor who sent me to hospital…various scans and 2 injections in my stomach am told to go back for more tests a week later.My wife then decides i have to sell the truck,put my feet up and ponder the future without the stress of self employment.So truck sold yesterday (reasonable amount for 55plate concrete mixer) and am in the process of closing down the business…but my leg is still swollen,although after all the anti-biotics not so red.Told it could have been dvt…clot has been dispersed… then a nasty dose of cellulitis.I’m 57 so probably look forward to lots of walking from now on unless leg goes back to proper size.

malcolmj:
just been released from hosiptal what a nightmare past 3weeks its been got no leg mussel been in bed for 3 weeks another assessment in a fortnight,and a dristrict nurse to change leg dressings board out my skull , luckly my mrs can keep us on her wage as ssp doesn’t go very far,and a big thank you to the boss
take care out the ans watch out for any red blotches itching anything on your legs get it seen to quick.

Have suffered from it for over two years Malc, it started off after my last hip operation, now my legs have gone down to a fairly normal size but looks like the rind on a piece of old cheese.

They still flare up occasionally but are less painful now

gnasty gnome:

Armagedon:

Yeah right. Ban forklifts while you’re at it, then we can all handball all day every day and be fit as a flea. :wink:

What a ■■■■. :confused:

To all of you reading this.Please think twice, don’t brim your diesel tank. It could be a fellow trucker riding the bike that hits your spillage!

Do you reckon these folks who want to ban automatic gearboxes are just slow learners and want to go back to steam engines and having rickets?