What a Night

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Agency phoned yesterday; “can you do a class 1 job tomorrow night, £9.50 an hour?”. Well, I can’t turn down that sort of money, and it is time I broke my duck regarding driving an artic :blush:

Turned up at Business Post, Cardiff to discover that it is Wagon and Drag :astonished: :open_mouth: OK, it’s got to be done, but what an introduction :exclamation: The boss asked if I had driven one before, and when I said no he just said “you’ll learn!” True; I did - just :exclamation:

If anyone was at their Birmingham Hub last night, I apologise if I held you up. I should have reversing it sorted by the end of the week :exclamation: :exclamation:

Off to bed now to recover from the shock :exclamation:

:grimacing:

:grimacing:

i take it that it`s an A frame drawbar with the axles at the back and front as opposed to in the centre then…LOL :laughing:
it will get easier mate :wink:

gardun:
If anyone was at their Birmingham Hub last night, I apologise if I held you up. I should have reversing it sorted by the end of the week :exclamation: :exclamation:

yes everyone can be a bit impatient there :smiling_imp:

Its the best way to learn Gardun! :smiley: you’ll be alright we all been there M8!

I’ve done agency on 7.5t (booked as class2 @ £9 p/h!) to the Birmingham hub.

I’ve since been offered Class 1 (probably W&D) but turned it down. I found the staff and most of the other drivers up there at Business Post more likely to take the pee than to help.

The drivers and staff at the local depot (Tunbridge Wells) are really helpful.

I have turned down Omega jobs for the same reason to Herts. All the parcel jobs seem to be rush and tear — okay when you know the ropes, ■■■ if you don’t!

I have to say that the staff and other drivers there were a lot better than some I could mention. One other hub in Brum is a real pain - the drivers are almost hostile to each other :smiley: