What a load of CRAP

T/N say they will support a worthwhile campaign.

So what do they do lock the thread about one (even Lucy said good idea) so that it scrolls out of view.

So what if other banter was on it, at least the members were looking and maybe signing up.

This site supports sod all, unless money is rolling in to their sticky mits, it could of been made a sticky to stop it going off track, but no even lucy was arguing on it but once it does not suit them it gets locked.

Support others what a load of crap, show me a single thing you have supported this year.

money money money money, rules rules rules
Keep the advertisers happy

Have you learnt nothing yet, it is do as I say not as I do here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And it has got worse, a thread goes slightly off track and it gets locked - what a good way to promote honest debate :unamused: :unamused:

I wonder what would happen if you were in a room with some of them having a discussion, would they throw you out of the door as soon as it went slightly off track :exclamation: :exclamation:

And no answers needed from those responsible as the question is rhetorical :exclamation: :exclamation:

johngr

it got locked because it was way off topic two pages of the thread were nonsense argueing and absolutly nothing to do wit the original truck alert thread.(which i signed up for :wink: )

you really only have yourself to blame for the locking of the thread. when i get time i will trawel through the topic and seperate the nosical posts on there and unlock the thread but if it degenerates into a slanging match it will be pulled for good.

jon

I am learning very quickly :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Debate :blush: :blush: :blush:
Only if it suits the Admin and Mods, not to theri liking then lock it, Crap

The Theft Alert is about the best thing I have seen for ages, and is why I posted which I rarely do on any site but always look around.

This site is like a government controlled one, nanny state do as you are told like it or go away.

When you argue they always come up with if you don’t like it then don’t come on here, pretty childish

E/mail will be going to the proper owners RBI

JohnGr:
This site is like a government controlled one, nanny state do as you are told like it or go away.

Close, but try Corporate controlled.

jonboy:
johngr

it got locked because it was way off topic two pages of the thread were nonsense argueing and absolutly nothing to do wit the original truck alert thread.(which i signed up for :wink: )

you really only have yourself to blame for the locking of the thread. when i get time i will trawel through the topic and seperate the nosical posts on there and unlock the thread but if it degenerates into a slanging match it will be pulled for good.

jon

I was only answering back and daring to argue with some nob heads, like caveman and coffeebloodycholic
Even Lucy was asking for a Barny

but my last post was

Last word on the subject,
The Text Alert is a good Idea that all Drivers should suppport and sign up to.
You can find it somewhere else, cannot say as it is against the rules.

T/N get a life, change your rules and work together for the benefit of all drivers or continue to lose support.

Not exactly my fault for it being locked.

Still, jonboy at least it looks like you are a admin with some sense and probably not licking rikki arse. like the others seem to.

I take it I can argue on here

what i dont understand is john why you thought that you must use trucknet to to say that its such a good idea but fail praise barry for it on his own site :question:

you joined trucknet in nov 2005 and only just recently decided to post(after enitial 4 posts)all of which apart from the start of the text alert are anti trucknet pro truckersworld .if people want to check this for themselves they can go to your profile and read posts by johngr.

its as though your trying to stir the crap between the 2 sites (my opinion and not that of trucknet uk) :open_mouth:

cant help thinking weve heard from you before under a diffrent user name :exclamation:

jon

Jonboy
I read all the different forums, but rarely post.

I am signed up to the alert but use a different name on T/W again I rarely post on there either.

There was absolutely no mention of it on T/N, yet it needs drivers to sign up, as admin why did you not mention it, or even rikki if this site is supposed to support a worthwhile cause.
I posted it on here because I think it is excellent news and as I have said I have been a victim of truck crime, a good reason in my books.

T/N have probably taken the hump because bazman deleted his name in protest at their trivial ways.
I will get my own back syndrome, pathetic

JohnGr:
Jonboy
T/N have probably taken the hump because bazman deleted his name in protest at their trivial ways.
I will get my own back syndrome, pathetic

it was infact you that got the hump about barrie chosing to delete his account and thats when the thread degenatrated into a free for all and taking it off topic and bringing it to its final conclusion.

jon

jonboy:
you joined trucknet in nov 2005 and only just recently decided to post(after enitial 4 posts)all of which apart from the start of the text alert are anti trucknet pro truckersworld .if people want to check this for themselves they can go to your profile and read posts by johngr.

Why on earth should it matter how long or how many posts someone has made? As a member are you suddenly entitled to more of an opinion if you have made over a certain number of posts?

Your comment above is really quite moronic and pathetic. And I say all this as someone who has over a thousand posts, so presumably I am allowed a say!!

smcaul:

jonboy:

Why on earth should it matter how long or how many posts someone has made? As a member are you suddenly entitled to more of an opinion if you have made over a certain number of posts?

Your comment above is really quite moronic and pathetic. And I say all this as someone who has over a thousand posts, so presumably I am allowed a say!!

did you bother to look at the post smcaul :question: its not the length of membership or how many posts but the content

truckersworld this truckersworld that. go look for yourself and come back hey!!!jon

jonboy:
did you bother to look at the post smcaul :question: its not the length of membership or how many posts but the content

truckersworld this truckersworld that. go look for yourself and come back hey!!!jon

Of course I read it, why would I bother to quote and comment on something I had not read!

RBI said there would be no changes

Well that didn’t last long

The 1 site that actively tries to make things better for truckers and T/N lose contact with it.
By drivers for drivers what a load of crap

by T/N for T/N and stuff anybody else is more like it.

I have not even mentioned T/W, I spoke the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth

If you look jonboy then you will see I rarely said truckersworld, but the other site.
Coffeebloodycholic mentioned it more than me.

how about answering my question■■?
As Admin why did you or rikki not post about the alert, if you are supposed to support a good cause

so would you like to comment on the content of the posts :question:

jon

o and i am very moronic, border line pathetic :wink:

jon

jonboy:
so would you like to comment on the content of the posts :question:

jon

No need to, they speak for themselves.

jonboy:
o and i am very moronic, border line pathetic :wink:

I never mentioned “borderline” :wink:

Jonboy
Just double checked.
I have not mentioned truckersworld once :unamused: :unamused:

Have you actually read the thread. Please get facts right. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Plus you are probably arguing in place of those who should be. the god and goddess of all rules.

easyest way to support trucktheft alert is to put a link or a sticky up. so it stays where it can be seen.

i dont know why or if or when it all went tts up but for my two penneth,(again)

trucknet has not been the same since the previous owners decided they wanted to make money out of the site.

rightly or wrongly it was there decision which you either respect or not.

the whole scheme of things changed from that moment.

where a thread would get a warning to calm down and tone it down—started to get automatically locked/moved/deleted.

where a member used to get a quiet word in the ear from admin–they got posting rights removed/banned.

where they didnt really care to much about contencious posting/argumentive buggers–the pms emails got more threatening.

why? in MY opinion to appease sponsors/advertisers/prospective would be buyers of the site.

now rikki and lucy know my feelings on t/net.

ive been a member a long time,wether i have my own site or not is neither here nor there.i am (just) a member of trucknet and will continue to say wot and when and where i like within the rules hopefully.

this is where things have gone wrong in MY opinion.john g is right to a degree its money money money.keep the site argument free at all costs.

have an opinion by all means. but if it goes against the grain dont air it.

bring back the good old days ffs. :laughing:

ohterry:
easyest way to support trucktheft alert is to put a link or a sticky up. so it stays where it can be seen.

i dont know why or if or when it all went tts up but for my two penneth,(again)

trucknet has not been the same since the previous owners decided they wanted to make money out of the site.

rightly or wrongly it was there decision which you either respect or not.

the whole scheme of things changed from that moment.

where a thread would get a warning to calm down and tone it down—started to get automatically locked/moved/deleted.

where a member used to get a quiet word in the ear from admin–they got posting rights removed/banned.

where they didnt really care to much about contencious posting/argumentive [zb]–the pms emails got more threatening.

why? in MY opinion to appease sponsors/advertisers/prospective would be buyers of the site.

now rikki and lucy know my feelings on t/net.

ive been a member a long time,wether i have my own site or not is neither here nor there.i am (just) a member of trucknet and will continue to say wot and when and where i like within the rules hopefully.

this is where things have gone wrong in MY opinion.john g is right to a degree its money money money.keep the site argument free at all costs.

have an opinion by all means. but if it goes against the grain dont air it.

bring back the good old days ffs. :laughing:

any one remember the days when t/net was the first place they went to once logged on/ i do?

who said change is a bad thing. :unamused:

You are welcome to your opinion…
as you say as long as you stay within the rules theres no problem, never has been or ever will be. :wink:

It is worth noting of course the the vast majority of people who continue to use this site daily dont feel the need to post mainly negative criticism, in fact the vast majority are happily using the website as it was intended.

Now you can bang your drum as much as you wish in here, Thats what this forum is for, and contry to popular belief it is not ignored in here. Although when it becomes repetative despite the issues being answered then we will not repaet the same answer no matter how many times or ways the same question is asked.

Truckersworld has a link to the text alert, and as long as that thread stays within the rules it will stay, if it gets dragged off topic again to the point where the majority of posts on it are no longer concerning the text alert and are to do with the management of this site it will be moved to the more appropriate forum.