what a laugh

Hi, Guys
Took my trunker out last night and had to take it to the work shop early morning, (3 am) had a good run through London and arrived at workshop, called in for security code so the lorry can be left with garage guys and was told i didnt have authorisation to be at workshop, i was a little [zb] off but i really enjoyed phoneing the boss up at that time of the morning to get him to make the correct phone call and authorisation. :confused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

I had a simliar pleasure last saturday night,we had an extra catch on which made me first driver in at 21.30 saturday to load out of Glastonbury at 01.15 :imp: ,all was going well until I got to the farm,offloaded the moffit ready for the contract catchers to arrive and jumped into the bunk,next thing I know theres a knock at the door it’s the farmer asking if I know where the catchers are as it’s 02.15 and they aint turned up,so I had great pleasure in ring the catching manager out of bed to ring the catchers as I didnt have their number :smiling_imp: 20 mins later they arrived and I was back to sleep for another hour while they loaded me :laughing:

Back a few years ago, my yard is locked up all night and is only opened by security guard at 4-4.30am, I was there at 4.45 and gates locked with no guard in site?? so phoned a number on the gates and was met by a really unhappy voice who said “where the fÃÂșck is he then”■■? anyway 45 mins later and a load of drivers cueing waiting, the fella on the other end of the phone turned up only to see the security guard crawling out of his little shack scratching his head whith hair all over the place (looked like he’d just woke up lol) well the words that were spoken next I really can’t type :wink: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Giddy:
Back a few years ago, my yard is locked up all night and is only opened by security guard at 4-4.30am, I was there at 4.45 and gates locked with no guard in site?? so phoned a number on the gates and was met by a really unhappy voice who said “where the [zb] is he then”■■? anyway 45 mins later and a load of drivers cueing waiting, the fella on the other end of the phone turned up only to see the security guard crawling out of his little shack scratching his head whith hair all over the place (looked like he’d just woke up lol) well the words that were spoken next I really can’t type :wink: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

In the place I worked, they were closing yard for the night and everybody went home.

Problem was that if I was back late, my car was locked inside (it wasn’t too good place to leave car outside when I was away overnight).

I was begging them to cut the key for me for a month, but they were too lazy to do anything. So I was just taking lorry home and was parking it there.

Only when I refused to take a run which would see me back in Saturday on the grounds, that I was drivin last Sunday and I can’t work more than 6 days in the row.

Where have you been?

In Tesco’s, doing my weekly shopping :grimacing:

They found a spare key for me in two minutes
 :wink:

Can’t understand what makes you all so happy about waking someone up in the middle of the night,surely they’re entitled to their daily rest,just as you are.Sure,if you have a problem with the job and need to get in touch with the relevant person you do what has to be done.Why is it funny though ?

Ok, Firstly let me just say i drive a high security truck, im locked in from base to next stop, get my picture, next, the boss man tells me every thing sorted for the truck to stop at the garage, then he goes home a few shandies may be then bed, the rest is history, he should have done his job properly and arranged the correct authorisation, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A few years ago I and another driver were delivering to NHS Supplies in Runcorn at 0200.

We weren’t allowed in the warehouse (fine by me) so settled down for a kip. At 0330 the warehouse guy wakes us up to say that there are some cartons missing; the pallet count is OK but not the boxes on them, he doesn’t even know which of us was short. He wants us to agree that they are missing but I refuse on the grounds that they are now scattered about around the warehouse and I have no way to check.

I suggest that he just signs our notes and makes a comment about the short shipment but he won’t have it - We have to sign agreement. In the end he phones his boss (at 0400■■?) and comes back with our notes signed. I often wondered what his boss said to him■■?

Santa:
A few years ago I and another driver were delivering to NHS Supplies in Runcorn at 0200.

We weren’t allowed in the warehouse (fine by me) so settled down for a kip. At 0330 the warehouse guy wakes us up to say that there are some cartons missing; the pallet count is OK but not the boxes on them, he doesn’t even know which of us was short. He wants us to agree that they are missing but I refuse on the grounds that they are now scattered about around the warehouse and I have no way to check.

I suggest that he just signs our notes and makes a comment about the short shipment but he won’t have it - We have to sign agreement. In the end he phones his boss (at 0400■■?) and comes back with our notes signed. I often wondered what his boss said to him■■?

mayby along the lines of

sign the {zb} lines you {zb} idiot and dont ever {zb} wake me up again at this time you {zb}