What a great bit of kit

Sorry if it’s already been on here.
Could this work in the UK?? google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … 8CyN6QG3nQ

Similar to what they do on the A38 (I think it is) in Brum, where they have the arrows above the road, they change the middle lane direction based on time.

Great bit of kit but this is doing the same thing as opening the H/S with the active traffic management scheme.
The biggest problem I can see is that they don’t look substantial enough to stop anything heavy from pushing the whole barrier into the other lane.

Amazing piece of kit. I’d like to see something similar but that puts cones out, the guys putting them out on the motorways at night must have some balls.

There is a trailer they tow in the states on a you tube clip. It puts cones out and stacks them away again

:goes off to search for clip:

Can’t work out why the bint is standing on top of a bridge away from the scene, with a new hi viz and hard hat on?

Ken.

Seems the original trailer version has been replaced by a rigid.

youtube.com/watch?v=EU7eTmt … ata_player

Given the UK’s passion for cones, that rigid wouldn’t hold enough, and it’s too slow as the gaps are too wide for UK specs.

Cracking idea though.

Ken.

id give it six months over here before some twonk ran straight into it.

more impressed by this one
youtube.com/watch?v=LKnqqoDzbxA

big boots:

As long as that? :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:

big boots:

As long as that? :laughing:

Ken.

was thinking more 6hrs

Just e.mailed my mate the links as he works on the motroways as a site agent.

Ken.

Great idea, But it’s nothing new.
They last a couple of years before someone realises that sliding concrete blocks across the road surface wears it out pretty quick.

IIRC there’s a similar setup in Auckland New Zealand

Gimmick. I’d love to see that thing tonking through the M62 at 6pm on a Friday… Traffic is heavy both ways so what’s the point?

The only way to cut down congestion is to cut traffic volume and/or stagger commuting times.

It’s just gonna get worse I’m afraid. :slight_smile:

chicane:
more impressed by this one
youtube.com/watch?v=LKnqqoDzbxA

I thought that 2 gotta be worth the expense rather than having guys walking round the carriageway .

m1cks:
There is a trailer they tow in the states on a you tube clip. It puts cones out and stacks them away again

I remember that (or similar) on some Discovery channel programme or similar and also looked for the clip but no joy… Found this though…doesn’t say if it would line up mile after mile of em then stand round having a smoke for 8hrs, do nothing then go home!

youtu.be/LKnqqoDzbxA

Wonder how often they have been hit up the rear or front as the case may be. Don’t think I would fancy driving one. Eddie.

Actrosman:

m1cks:

I remember that (or similar) on some Discovery channel programme or similar and also looked for the clip but no joy… Found this though…doesn’t say if it would line up mile after mile of em then stand round having a smoke for 8hrs, do nothing then go home!

youtu.be/LKnqqoDzbxA

That’s the one chicane posted. I found the trailer one butnthe one flaw with it is reversing to collect the cones. Imagine a 10 mile reverse on the M1 with a car trailer!

With regards to this barrier mover being hit, that was my first thought but when you look at the setup, it is always protected by the existinh barrier. It is only vulnerable when they pass it and the additional lane opens up.