What a Friday

So I started at south mimms at 1 back to Telford then Mansfield then market harbour then back to Telford all in a 9 hour drive I don’t think so some how as I cannot work tomorrow as I started Sunday night.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
So I started at south mimms at 1 back to Telford then Mansfield then market harbour then back to Telford all in a 9 hour drive I don’t think so some how as I cannot work tomorrow as I started Sunday night.

You might be able to work Saturday depends what rest you’ve had previously.

You need to be parked up 144 hrs after you started last Sunday night.

I had a 55 hour rest at weekend

mdourish:
I had a 55 hour rest at weekend

What time did you start Sunday ?

8 pm

mdourish:
8 pm

Be parked up by 20.00 Saturday then.

I thought It was 6 days I’m still new lol

mdourish:

You need to be parked up 144 hrs after starting your working week which is 6 x 24 hr periods.

mdourish:

You say you are new.
You do realise these are limits not targets don’t you. :bulb:
The job does not have to be that way.
As I said to you before, you appear to be treating the job like some… last drop of blood type endurance test by your posts.
Are they forcing you to work like this.re. your ‘‘Got moaned at’’ thread, (which incidentally you never explained HOW it was or was not resolved) or is it your choice…honestly?

You really need to take notice of Robs post and only do what you can, they was moaning at you start of week for being slow now this stop them now or it will only get worse. Is it a good job apart from how your treated ?

I know who you work for. I deliver there quite a bit.

Ease off and ease off soon. They will take the ■■■■ otherwise and you will burn yourself out.

kjw21:
you will burn yourself out.

I think he’s about half way there now mate.
I will try, and do, help newbies as much as I can, but if they take no notice, I just can’t be arsed anymore, just let him bash on.

It’s hard really cos you think your doing the right thing by working 105% all the time - I know I did when I started years ago, I think most of us did.

You don’t get any prizes and often no thanks for breaking your neck rushing.

To the OP - just work at a natural pace. You don’t deliver anything that’s going to save a life or that can’t wait. Screw what the office say - don’t take the mick and drag it out but just work “efficiently”.

You WILL come unstuck if you rush be it something small like cocking up paperwork or something much much worse. Your in charge of that truck - not the office. They just make plans that you try if possible to get close too.

It’s often said but it’s so true “it will get there when it gets there”

Well the OP is 12 hrs into his shift I wonder how he’s getting on.

bald bloke:
Well the OP is 12 hrs into his shift I wonder how he’s getting on.

Totally shagged out and contemplating his next one I reckon. :smiley:

I have read this post and the outher one with some interest, I presume some of the and come from old hands,?. That’s been there and done that?
My 5 penny worth for what good it will do!!when I started in early 60’s as a " mate"!! After a week or so the driver said to me,3 things nipper,

Guts first job second,all was get another job,but won’t get another guts.

All day tomorrow not touched yet,and that starts at midnight,never mind them in office,they are their,your here end of?

The biggest but is the one behind the wheel,you have the accident not the lorry.
I wish him the best of luck…he will need it,I think??

Well today one drop told them not doing second one as to much rushing to get it done in a 9 hour drive so parked up run back in tonight I have taken note of everything people have said.
As a newbie it’s just learning what can and cannot be done in a day. As a newbie I’m quite happy how many job offers I have had no agency so I’m not stuck in this job

Who’d do you work for lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
Well today one drop told them not doing second one as to much rushing to get it done in a 9 hour drive so parked up run back in tonight I have taken note of everything people have said.
As a newbie it’s just learning what can and cannot be done in a day. As a newbie I’m quite happy how many job offers I have had no agency so I’m not stuck in this job

Ok glad to hear you are taking it on board.
Just because something CAN be physically done in a day, does not mean it HAS to be done in a day.
They will have you doing whatever you are willing, or daft enough to do. It is in their own interests, and they won’t either like you any better for it, or give a flying ■■■■ about you…fact!
I have seen these type of firms many times, and with the combination of them and an over willing driver, it’s a recipe for disaster. :bulb:

At the moment mate, reading your adventures (which are second only to Trucknet’s very own ‘Dozy the Great’) you should be doing a sideline, getting a few signatures, and getting yourself sponsored for your favourite charity for doing that job of yours with all the stress and hardship… :bulb:
:smiley:

JaxDemon:
Who’d do you work for lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Probably best if he doesn’t answer that question.