What a day

After tossing and turning all night due to the heat started work at 0400 in cramlington to Glasgow. Was looking good for an early finish once reaching hull. Pulled out of cairn lodge up onto the slip road and pop loss of power loads of smoke. Game over for the turbo. Thompsons came out and confirmed the problem then got recovered to bellshill. Fitter informs me ooooohhhh mate its going to be Monday afternoon until this is ready. So I rang the gaffa expecting to have to argue with him to get me home. Actually hats off to him he said straight away ill get you a return train ticket. So now sat on the train with a few cans of Stella looking back on the day and thinking yep s**t day but could be a lot worse il be at home in a few hours thanks to a gaffa that actually gives a f****. Now looking forward to my late start and train ride back up to bonny Scotland on Monday.

A good gaffa at last (sure theres more of this rare breed around) name and praise him (just the first name will do ), had this happen to me once and was told to hitch hike back.

Youngy:
After tossing and turning all night due to the heat started work at 0400 in cramlington to Glasgow. Was looking good for an early finish once reaching hull. Pulled out of cairn lodge up onto the slip road and pop loss of power loads of smoke. Game over for the turbo. Thompsons came out and confirmed the problem then got recovered to bellshill. Fitter informs me ooooohhhh mate its going to be Monday afternoon until this is ready. So I rang the gaffa expecting to have to argue with him to get me home. Actually hats off to him he said straight away ill get you a return train ticket. So now sat on the train with a few cans of Stella looking back on the day and thinking yep s**t day but could be a lot worse il be at home in a few hours thanks to a gaffa that actually gives a f****. Now looking forward to my late start and train ride back up to bonny Scotland on Monday.

pfffft less than 14hrs and you call yourself a trucker.

Did he pay for the Stella■■?

Dipper_Dave:
A good gaffa at last (sure theres more of this rare breed around) name and praise him (just the first name will do ), had this happen to me once and was told to hitch hike back.

Name and praise the company I say.

Ken.

Youngy, you say Thompsons came out , is it a Renault ?
If so and turbo’s gone so has cat , might be a longer fix than you think
Jim

Youngy:

Don’t forget, “one good turn deserves another”, :wink:

I prefer not to name as the company policy is not to name the company or staff on social networks. Yes it’s a renault premium. It’s an 05 plate feel a bit sorry for the gaffa as he was getting rid off it at the end of the month. The repair is costing £2000 and the truck is only worth £3000