What a day

0515 start told I’m doing multi drop (10) in urban artic and told to collect unit from the workshop (uh oh).
1st drop 2 miles from yard, brakes fail to release when attempting to pull away, only 4bar on gauge. Engineer attends, leak in trailer suspension, sorted!
5th drop, phone cradle falls off dash and breaks.
8th drop, tail lift fails whilst out and raised, engineer attends 1.5 hrs sorted…whilst waiting notice freezer unit won’t get cooler than -5.
9th drop, crack my bonce on the tail shutter having failed to notice it hadnt raised fully (it had raised perfectly all day) and bled profusely from the subsequent gash, luckily good 1st aider at store to patch me up.

…finished the day completing H+S paperwork prior to returning the lorry to the workshop.

Anyone else had such a “good day?”

Tazbug

Not as good as you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But I finished work one morning picked my bag up off the floor then stood up, the cab door was open but the wind had blown It slightly shut and I had not noticed, I felt the bottom of the door go through my head as I stood up ouch, a bit of blood and a few stitches later it was sorted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Physically I survived the day unscathed. But I left the yard at 09.15am with 12 drops, and was given 9 pick ups throughout the course of the day. Everything went to plan, no hold ups and tipped/loaded right away everywhere I went. Well, untill I got to my last pick up. Arrived at 16.00 to pick up one pallet, thinking I’ll be in the yard, parked up and heading home by 16.30. Wrong. Pallet wont be ready till 17.00. Bang went a perfect day and an early finish. :smiling_imp::twisted::twisted:

Dafman:
Not as good as you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But I finished work one morning picked my bag up off the floor then stood up, the cab door was open but the wind had blown It slightly shut and I had not noticed, I felt the bottom of the door go through my head as I stood up ouch, a bit of blood and a few stitches later it was sorted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well where there’s no sense :unamused: :laughing:

That is obviously why I am a bit dyslexic and thick Gonz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

60 hour week in this week with hour commutes either way…

Managed a night out last night in London because I ran out of duty time after a drop. Trucks limited to 50mph to save fuel…

Mostly 4-5 am starts though (at the yard, so leaving home 3-4am respectively)