What a crap life this is

brother got diagnosed with mnd a few weeks ago,i took him back to hospital today,very quite comming home and his wife was the same,i just thought hes not well,long day as had to travel a fair bit to get to hospital ,got phone call tonihght from stepdad tonight and hed spoken to sis-inlaw and she broke down on phone,told bro today he has 3-5 yrs to live,as hes youngish consultant hopes the longer ,5 yrs,nothing they can do for him,step-dad says youve just got to act normal,how can you,hes my younger bro,ive always looked after him,i just want to make it better,never cried as much,what a crap life this is :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

It puts things in perspective, nothing else matters, not this forum, not work, not ■■■■■■■■■■■

My thoughts are with you and your family :frowning:

Wheel Nut:
It puts things in perspective, nothing else matters, not this forum, not work, not ■■■■■■■■■■■

My thoughts are with you and your family :frowning:

thanks wheelnut,yea it really does put things in to perspective,only really hits home when itr your own ,just cant think how hes going to cope,or is that how im going too cope,life can be really cruel at times,look after yourself and stay safe

[

b]Ady ,I would like to add my thoughts and
best wishes to you and your family [/b]

That’s terrible news mate, my thoughts are with you and your family mate, make every second count.

Regards jim

Life is very crap Ady. It only gets worse the older we get it seems.
My younger sister committed suicide around 13 years ago, my elder sister has secondary cancer and has only months to live. Theres only me left ffs. ■■■ me I could go on and on. You’ve just got to keep going pal. Its all you can do.
I’m happy most of the time but right at this moment I feel completely alone and lost :cry:
Chin up son.

I’m truly sorry to read that Ady. I wish you and your family all the best.

thanks eveyone ,im clinging to the fact hes got [hopefully] 5 yrs to go,alot can happen in 5 yrs,maybe theyll find a cure in 1/2/3 yrs time,its just the wondering whats going through his mind at the moment that worrys me,thanks again,look out for yourselfes and stay safe

Dico:
Life is very crap Ady. It only gets worse the older we get it seems.
My younger sister committed suicide around 13 years ago, my elder sister has secondary cancer and has only months to live. Theres only me left ffs. [zb] me I could go on and on. You’ve just got to keep going pal. Its all you can do.
I’m happy most of the time but right at this moment I feel completely alone and lost :cry:
Chin up son.

youre not alone dico,im thinking of you,stay safe and look after yourself

No words, only (((HUGS))). :cry:

big ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

just found out a mate of mine has breast cancer she is 37

make it count & look after your family ■■■

I’m sorry mate, my thoughts are with you and yours. Here’s hoping for a cure, as you say a lot can happen in 5 years - chin up…

Somebody I know has a severely handicapped daughter, I remember him saying that when she was born she wasn’t expected to make it to her 10th birthday. She’s now 14, and although life isn’t without it’s difficulties, she’s still here…

5yrs is a long time, a lot of things can happen, research etc, and heck, consultants can be wrong, look at my friends daughter.

My son in Ireland has cancer(again). I feel for you mate. Be strong. :wink:

Alot can happen in 5 years, stay strong mate…Have the best xmass ever!!!

ady1:
brother got diagnosed with mnd a few weeks ago,i took him back to hospital today,very quite comming home and his wife was the same,i just thought hes not well,long day as had to travel a fair bit to get to hospital ,got phone call tonihght from stepdad tonight and hed spoken to sis-inlaw and she broke down on phone,told bro today he has 3-5 yrs to live,as hes youngish consultant hopes the longer ,5 yrs,nothing they can do for him,step-dad says youve just got to act normal,how can you,hes my younger bro,ive always looked after him,i just want to make it better,never cried as much,what a crap life this is :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Sorry to read this Ady1, I lost my older brother 15 years ago jan 16th to graph versus host disease following a bone marrow transplant from me to try & cure him of Leukemia, the transplant worked but his body spent the next 17 plus years fighting my marrow & he eventually lost the fight. So many things change over time & no doubt his chances of survival would be much better today.

From what I saw when I was in the Royal free hospital giving him the transplant we have a wonderful health service & I really hope they can do something to help your brother. So many things can happen in those 5 years & they’re so dedicated to their jobs it’s unbelievable.

Forgive me for waffling on but it’s the time of year when it hits me hardest too. Treasure your time with him, tell him everything you have to say to him, support each other & be there for one another. Life is wonderful no matter what form it takes.

My very best wishes to you & your Brother.

BB

thanks to all for your messages there very much appriciated,spending all my spare time trying to get his house so he can get around it,handles on walls etc,etc,and doing all the jobs he used to be able to do,he can just about walk with the aid of walking frame,but his hands are getting weeker and weeker so i guess next step will be wheelchair,sorting out car this week as his is a struggle to get him in and out of,social services have been brilliant bringing him allsorts as have nurses/care workers,were getting there but it still doesnt seem fair,and at times i still have that feeling of hopelesness :frowning: ,again thanks all and thinking of those in same situation ,or been there,thanks

A mate of mine over there in Chadderton was given 3 months after being diagnosed with osophageal cancer and he’s still going strong after about 8 months. Not the same thing I know, but just goes to show thay can drop clangers.
Keep your chin up and try and be strong for your brother.