WHAT A Country!

I don’t get it?

I think the Pink Lady is pointing out how well we look after our overseas visitors :slight_smile:

stagedriver:
I don’t get it?

I think PLT is hinting that we should not show any hospitality what so ever to anyone who might have escaped some form of war ravaged or a famine ridden country, that may just really appreciate and be eternally grateful for a little life saving warmth, light, shelter and food. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jeeeezus, if you had broached that subject with any MP or your local council you would be told to stop being racist! :imp:

I am not a racist but I am a realist and yes this country stinks!

£210 for a months worth of gas & electricity?!? I wish I could afford to use that much :open_mouth:

ironstipper:
I think PLT is hinting that we should not show any hospitality what so ever to anyone who might have escaped some form of war ravaged or a famine ridden country, that may just really appreciate and be eternally grateful for a little life saving warmth, light, shelter and food. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ironstipper :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Not at all

What I am pointing out is

£2600+ per year in Gas and Elec :question: :question: :question: :question:

WTF are they heating and cooking :question: :question: :question: :question:

I am sympathetic to those who are GENUINE Asylum seekers, NOT free loaders who come to the UK for OUR Hard earned Money

Maybe the Point is Ironstipper LOVES these people, Probably he is ONE of these free loaders who need £5000 a year gas and elec

PinkLadyTrucker:
Maybe the Point is Ironstipper LOVES these people, Probably he is ONE of these free loaders who need £5000 a year gas and elec

Talk about fuel poverty, no wonder we are rearing up against AS! :imp:

ironstipper:

stagedriver:
I don’t get it?

I think PLT is hinting that we should not show any hospitality what so ever to anyone who might have escaped some form of war ravaged or a famine ridden country,

If that was the case, why do the feel the need to go to the country at the far end of the eu, rather than the first one they arrive at?

Harry Monk:

ironstipper:

stagedriver:
I don’t get it?

I think PLT is hinting that we should not show any hospitality what so ever to anyone who might have escaped some form of war ravaged or a famine ridden country,

If that was the case, why do the feel the need to go to the country at the far end of the eu, rather than the first one they arrive at?

If you wanted to get away from Blighty, would you want to stop anywhere in Europe? I really cant blame them for dodging the place. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If I read it properly, the figure are for a month.
So, 210 per month = £52.5 per week = around £2600 per year.

My gas and electric is around £1700 per year.
I also receive the £200 cold weather payments, so in effect I pay £1500 a year or £30 a week.

The only saving grace that I can see is that if the money is on a card it cannot be used for anything else, (or can it?)

del949:
The only saving grace that I can see is that if the money is on a card it cannot be used for anything else, (or can it?)

I dont know if these cards are only able to be used in 1 meter, If not then

Maybe they could sell them??

Harry Monk:

ironstipper:

stagedriver:
I don’t get it?

Because We are the only Country soft enough to put up with this crap.

I don’t get it, if these poor refugees are so cold and unprepared, why don’t we just give them an atlas or a map and point them towards Africa. I lived there for 2 years and our heating bill was almost nil :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sarge:
£210 for a months worth of gas & electricity?!? I wish I could afford to use that much :open_mouth:

…but then again I don’t suppose you have 11 kids that we’re paying for either…

Agree with PLT

TC

It would be interesting to see just how many genuinely come from a war torn or famine ravaged country.
I doubt that many from famine ravaged countries would be in a position to make it to the EU, much less the UK.
Those coming from war torn countries almost invariably come through several other countries before here.
There will also be a fair amount of political refugees, who are genuine but again they pass through several other countries before here.
I would maintain that a large majority that are here, in the UK, are what I would term as economic refugees.(even if the original reason that they left their homeland was genuine)

I don’t blame them (the refugees) for trying for the best they can get, but I blame our leaders for supplying it so easily ESPECIALLY in these hard times for our own citizens.
eg I read today that cancer sufferers and those on chemotherapy are to be re-evaluated to see if they are fit to work in an attempt to reduce spending.
Perhaps if the government curtailed the spending on non nationals, in an attempt to show the world that we are still a major power, we would have enough for our own.
The same goes for the obscene amount now to be spent, by the government, on the Olympic opening ceremony, which we were told initially would not be paid for by us at all.

OK . I 'll go take a chill pill now :smiley:

It’s a fake!

This as been doing the rounds all over the internet for the last cpl of weeks.

del949:
If I read it properly, the figure are for a month.
So, 210 per month = £52.5 per week = around £2600 per year.

My gas and electric is around £1700 per year.
I also receive the £200 cold weather payments, so in effect I pay £1500 a year or £30 a week.

And getting your gas and electricity via a meter that requires topping up by cards is usually more expensive than when you pay by a normal meter and a monthly/quarterly bill so I would expect anyone on a meter to be paying more.

I just paid my last quarterly electric bill, I don’t have gas, a few minutes ago and it was £141.79, that was after a prompt payment discount of just under a tenner.

TTX boy:
It’s a fake!

Yep, it was generated by a BNP bloke in Salford.

Coffeeholic:

TTX boy:
It’s a fake!

Yep, it was generated by a BNP bloke in Salford.

Apparently it is genuine, the figures have been confirmed to be correct by Salford Council, and Salford Council have made no claim anywhere that the letter is not genuine.

Personally, I think life would be better for all of us had we had a party representing us and our needs instead of the Labour party which just flooded the country with immigrants who, whether they were working or claiming, simply pushed us further and further into impoverishment.

And if that makes me a racist, then I’m a racist. I know who I’ll be voting for next time around.