What a class one test entails

Ok so I am not sure if this has been posted on here already if it has please direct me in the correct direction :slight_smile:. I have my class one training booked for the 10th August and was curious as to how different it actually was compared to class 2. (the test itself I mean) So I know you still do the reverse and drive ect and the reverse is going to be so much harder than the class 2! But what else is involved do you still couple / uncouple the trailer ect ? Any advicve much appreciated guys!

Firstly, all the best with your course and test.

There are a number of differences between C and CE.

You will be asked 2 show me/tell me questions (5 for C)

You will perform the reversing exercise in an area 4 times the length of your vehicle (3.5 times the length of C which is shorter anyway)

You will uncouple the trailer, park the unit/prime mover at the side of it then recouple

You will drive for a minimum of 50 minutes (60 mins on C) on roads suited to the vehicle

No other differences.

If I can help further, just ask.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, all the best with your course and test.

There are a number of differences between C and CE.

You will be asked 2 show me/tell me questions (5 for C)

Wow only 2 that’s a result :slight_smile:

You will perform the reversing exercise in an area 4 times the length of your vehicle (3.5 times the length of C which is shorter anyway)

That’s the bit im worrying about is there any advice / tips for the reversing?!

You will uncouple the trailer, park the unit/prime mover at the side of it then recouple

I wasn’t sure if this was still in the test but you have just confirmed it is how do they test on this

You will drive for a minimum of 50 minutes (60 mins on C) on roads suited to the vehicle

Sounds good to me!

No other differences.

If I can help further, just ask.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you very much sounds good to me also :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you checked out the C+E training tips contained within my signature link below :question:

ROG:
Have you checked out the C+E training tips contained within my signature link below :question:

Thanks ROG I’m not sure if I have checked them out or not but I sure will do now If not :slight_smile:

The other main difference is to remember to turn the steering wheel the other way when you start the reversing test… :wink:

ORC:
The other main difference is to remember to turn the steering wheel the other way when you start the reversing test… :wink:

Haha thank you I’m hoping to practice the reverse in my own time with my friends caravan fingers crossed!! :slight_smile:

ash 001:

ORC:

Haha thank you I’m hoping to practice the reverse in my own time with my friends caravan fingers crossed!! :slight_smile:

Your friends pre-dented caravan? :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

ash 001:

ORC:

Your friends pre-dented caravan? :wink:

Yes! And his car as I have no tow bar! He is very trusting of me isn’t he lmao