WH MALCOLMS

Hello all

Ive just seen malcolms advertising for lgv class 1 drivers around many different areas.Has anyone worked for malcolms or works for them they have a depot near me at normanton west yorkshire

Anyone know what they are paying…I think they use to have the plaster board contract not sure if they still do

Cheers

Dean

Always advertising
Pay to be discussed at interview.
SWERVE

I often wonder who long some of the drivers that drive the glory trucks they have must of been there.

I enquired at the Haydock branch about 12 months ago. Think it was £8.50 an hour and time and a half after so many hours.

5 on 3 off IIRC, so you are working weekends too. Bumped my head on the way out of the office because I couldn’t see properly due to the tears in my eyes :laughing:

Stay away.

There’s a very strong ‘us and them’ culture, including a few driver trainers with a power complex. You will do as you’re told or you’re out the door. Unless you’re one of the shiny boys and been there years, you’ll be driving a fleet spec FH or Scania G cab.

Trampers rarely make it further than 100 miles from their home depot. They ‘prefer’ you to stay in your cab overnight if they have to bring you back in to depot for a day or two, but you will not be payed night out allowance for this.

Pay in the North is circa £8.50, and in the South is £10 ish from what I recall.

I would describe them as an experience gaining opportunity, not a job for life, although there are a few that have been there yonks and got the shiny motor to prove it! Ah yes, if you have one of the nice trucks, you’re expected to clean/polish/take it to shows in your own time. You are not paid for this.

If you like common sense and dislike over the top health and safety, DEFINITELY stay away. As I said, you do it their way and there’s no room for movement.

If you’re really stuck and need to put food on the table, it’s not the worst company if you keep your head down, but you will be a robot for the duration of your stay.

Thanks all…not much work about here around the wakefield area west yorkshire even the agencies are quiet.Tbh honest didnt really want to go working on a companies books again,but agency work seems very thin at the moment

Keep seeing malcolms advertise which is never a good thing,i was also thinking of maritime in leeds on 4 on 4 off again on nights but never done container work in all my years of driving

Theres a few job been advertised around near me but don’t fancy poundland as its more store deliveries and ive done stores for years when i was at argos

I think DHL in normsnton are taking on mate.

Im in a similar postion to you im based in South Elmsall but im struggling due to being newly passed.

I think theres a place in langthwaite industrial estate taking on not sure who they are or rates etc

donk1889:
I think DHL in normsnton are taking on mate.

Im in a similar postion to you im based in South Elmsall but im struggling due to being newly passed.

I think theres a place in langthwaite industrial estate taking on not sure who they are or rates etc

Used to work for dhl in normanton m8 for 6 years,i,m guessing the place in south kirby could be ice co…try turners m8 in allerton bywater they usually take on new drivers…Thanks for your help

Regards

Dean

deano32:
Thanks all…not much work about here around the wakefield area west yorkshire even the agencies are quiet.Tbh honest didnt really want to go working on a companies books again,but agency work seems very thin at the moment

Keep seeing malcolms advertise which is never a good thing,i was also thinking of maritime in leeds on 4 on 4 off again on nights but never done container work in all my years of driving

Theres a few job been advertised around near me but don’t fancy poundland as its more store deliveries and ive done stores for years when i was at argos

No idea what they’re like to work for, but Bibby’s after drivers;

Bibby’s at Normanton are actively recruiting now. 27 class 1 drivers needed by and of March. Local and distance work. Nights out and 4 on 4 off available as well as other shift patterns. They have just got the Tangerine confectionery contract off Ceva. Starting wage is 27k. 1 years experience preferred. Folk need to call the Normanton depot and speak to Mike Wales or Jan Harrison. They are setting decent drivers on quickly. Easy clean curtain sider work. One hitters and a collection to RDCs.
01924 846969
Nights out £22.50 , overtime £18. And £20 Sunday.

mbax81:

deano32:

No idea what they’re like to work for, but Bibby’s after drivers;

Bibby’s at Normanton are actively recruiting now. 27 class 1 drivers needed by and of March. Local and distance work. Nights out and 4 on 4 off available as well as other shift patterns. They have just got the Tangerine confectionery contract off Ceva. Starting wage is 27k. 1 years experience preferred. Folk need to call the Normanton depot and speak to Mike Wales or Jan Harrison. They are setting decent drivers on quickly. Easy clean curtain sider work. One hitters and a collection to RDCs.
01924 846969
Nights out £22.50 , overtime £18. And £20 Sunday.

Thanks m8 burnt that bridge with bibbys i,m afraid lol

donk1889:

Yes…i was up there monday,and they still have the banner on the fence.
Something like DBS

Lockwood have a yard up there aswell.
Ten new motors in the ambergate yard…some of which are destined for sth kirkby

My mate has just gone to one of malcolms Scottish depots. He’s been told £9 an hour for 9 hours then £13. £26.50 a night out. He was shown example payslips quoting approx £700 in the bank for Mon to Fri tramping on general.

happysack:
My mate has just gone to one of malcolms Scottish depots. He’s been told £9 an hour for 9 hours then £13. £26.50 a night out. He was shown example payslips quoting approx £700 in the bank for Mon to Fri tramping on general.

:laughing: < one of my cousins worked up there and left recently, this was his reaction!

TiredAndEmotional:

happysack:

[emoji38] < one of my cousins worked up there and left recently, this was his reaction!

That was my reaction when I was told as well funnily enough!

happysack:

Hahaha
no ■■■■■■■ chance.
I’d be surprised if 700 was your top line