We've had bigger

wscountytimes.co.uk/news/loc … -1-4967383

Must of been a slow news day in Horsham :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not the best place to turn a “hulking vehicle”

over to CSI trucknet to tell us how he should have done it/ how they could have done it/ drivers nationality

Anybody who knows Horsham will tell you that the driver did bloody well to get to where he was. He only made one wrong turn and from memory, what I assume to be the correct way out doesn’t look that truck friendly either.

The obvious looking route of straight on is a dead end so I’m guessing he tried to turn rather than reverse back toward a busy town centre. Had he of chosen this option he would still of had to back into a one way street to make his escape.

That being said be would have been at a regular tip so I’m surprised that he wasn’t given instructions for his route into and away from the store.

Cheers
Neilf

I think he did alright. I’m sure he’ll check his map against the satnav in future.

It’s amazing what passes as news nowadays!

50 point turn! Did some sad git count them?
Bernard

I would have ■■■■■■ that in one go.

albion1938:
Bernard

Yeah, probably the same sad git who stood there filming the poor sod instead of asking him if he needed any help.

Bad journalism if you,ask me, the headline says he got stuck , he clearly didn’t , he used his professional judgment Aw as an experienced driver to get around while a large majority of locals stood watching instead of at least offering to help out by watching his blind spots , well d9ne I say

Bad journalism if you,ask me, the headline says he got stuck , he clearly didn’t , he used his professional judgment Aw as an experienced driver to get around while a large majority of locals stood watching instead of at least offering to help out by watching his blind spots , well d9ne I say

merc0447:
It’s amazing what passes as news nowadays!

I know, i brought Oban town centre to a standstill for 2hrs once and never even got a mention on the radio :laughing:

albion1938:
Bernard

If it was a 50 point turn, he would have ended up going backwards…

The only bad driver in that video is the one belonging to the red car.

is it just me or near the end of the vid is there not a wide give way to go the other way,i think i would of backed up 2 truck lengths and used that.

Thats why i carry a chain saw and a disc cutter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stobarttrucker:
is it just me or near the end of the vid is there not a wide give way to go the other way,i think i would of backed up 2 truck lengths and used that.

Causeway is a dead end.
If he turned in there, there’s only one way out, so looks like he reversed up that smaller road in order to screw it round to get back out again.
Streetview shows that give way road as having disabled bays too :frowning:

neilf:
The obvious looking route of straight on is a dead end so I’m guessing he tried to turn rather than reverse back toward a busy town centre. Had he of chosen this option he would still of had to back into a one way street to make his escape.

Cheers
Neilf

That looked the much easier option reversing back into the one way street. I would guess he’s maybe fairly new and not to confident on reversing or panicked. Personally, I’d almost always choose a reverse in preference to driving on the grass.

When you do get to a point where you’ve got to go back I always find all sorts of side roads look do-able to reverse in but suddenly get much smaller when you’re half way into them.

A bored reporter was probably looking out of the office windows. From the map, their offices are overlooking this road…

Good on the lad most of us have been in that position at some point at least he didn’t get stuck on something

on google maps there is a yellow no through road sign with parish church only but if they’d put it on the left of the road instead of the right he would of seen it,sign seems to be in a stupid place.