Wetherby services

What a joke these services are. Pulled on yesterday at 13.15 and took 30 minutes. It then took another 20 just to get off. Problems appeared to be caused because the exit point at the roundabout by the fuel pumps was impossible to access due to the sheer number of cars leaving.

It was so bad, that traffic trying to get in to the service area was starting to affect the A1 southbound slip. An absolute joke of a place. Won’t be pulling in there again.

They have recently changed the give way order at that junction behind the garage so cars have right of way now (new paint on the road)

Had the pleasure of stopping there on monday late morning for 30min break - whole place was bottled necked in the truck park by 3 sorry of a excuse ■■■■■ (in 3 artics) as they can’t be bother to use the truck park with plenty of spaces but park on the flipping bend by the fuel pumps - so anyone using the outer most fuel pump blocks the exit and no one can get through

And what is with those who take their breaks on the pumps!

:imp: :imp:

Stopped using Wetherby a while back the place is a pain. Which is a pity as the services themselves are quite good.

After having a 45 behind the petrol station prior to the junction change one day can totally see why they changed the stop sign about.
Literally one in 5 cars just ploughed on straight through the stop sign not even noticing hgvs coming from the right. It was actually very entertaining!

Now it’s backfired into a jam in the truck park.

Absolute shambles. Is it really that hard to design a service station■■?

ajt:
After having a 45 behind the petrol station prior to the junction change one day can totally see why they changed the stop sign about.
Literally one in 5 cars just ploughed on straight through the stop sign not even noticing hgvs coming from the right. It was actually very entertaining!

So they cater for the cretins who can not see signs :unamused: brilliant idea.

Those park bays are far too narrow, bad for those who can not reverse, and for those who lose their mirrors when a driver who knows nothing about tail swing pulls out of the bay next to them. :unamused:

The thing is there is no real need to overnight in there. Plenty of decent enough and cheaper truckstops north and south within a 30 mile radius

20 mins to get off? STUD! :smiley:

robroy:

ajt:

So they cater for the cretins who can not see signs :unamused: brilliant idea.

Those park bays are far too narrow, bad for those who can not reverse, and for those who lose their mirrors when a driver who knows nothing about tail swing pulls out of the bay next to them. :unamused:

I fully agree with rob the parking bays are to narrow and when you have parked some useless ■■■■ comes in and parks like a ■■■■ you cant get out the ■■■■■■■ door i dont use it anymore its a dump.

night time services is wetherby.

Can’t be helped but it’s also a pain about 0600 when all the day men go in to diesel up, afaik Ferrybridge stopped doing keyfuels ages ago so wetherby’s a nightmare.

It’s another one I avoid like the plague, due to the reasons above, dog toffee design and always busy.

I did pull off a perfect blindside in there one night a while ago with about 6 trucks waiting and watching. As I got out to stretch my legs I saw them bask in the glow of my godlike driving skills.

A