western paris

does anyone know how the heck trucks are supposed to get around the west of paris? :imp: :imp:

last couple of weeks i’ve tried different ways but always end up heading towards the BP :blush:

for example if wanting to get from cergy pontoise to the A10 you can’t use the A14(weight limit)
you can’t use the A86 (2m height limit) and if you try to get down the D7 onto the quays for i think the N184? its all closed off for roadworks.

last week i ended up going through the financial bit with that strange square arch building and then heading towards the champs elysee and the arc de triomph so i could get on the BP

any help for which route to take because i don’t fancy jumping on the francilienne at colombes and going all the way around the eastern side, what a nightmare

Try to go out of Cergy (westbound), in first town (St. Martin) left onto D28, after few kms you go over Seine, then if you bear right (D14) you come to Renault Aubergineville. If you go straight D43 you should come onto the A13 towards Paris, leave it for A12-N12-N10-A10.
Maybe you could drive across from the Auberginville onto N10/A10 via D191…

i thought there was a weight limit before renault aubergineville but that route from A13 to A10 is not easy as it sounds, i just can’t understand why they extended the A86 to go all the way around from colombes to rungis but its 2m high :imp: :unamused:

welshboyinspain:
i thought there was a weight limit before renault aubergineville but that route from A13 to A10 is not easy as it sounds, i just can’t understand why they extended the A86 to go all the way around from colombes to rungis but its 2m high :imp: :unamused:

Can’t help you there,I try and avoid France let alone Paris.
But love the signature :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Paris+roads - it’s not gonna be easy. Or any other big city for this purpose.
The 2m height limit is there because (Ithink) of the tunnel “under” Versailles, between A13 and N12; it’s a double-deck thing, one carriageway above the other in one bore, so only cars fit. Parallel single-carriageway tunnel for lorries is still under construction.
Does the 2m limit apply on the whole A86■■? (if not then you could go around that)

I’ve just checked the route I mentioned earlier on the Google StreetView; only spotted few 4m height limits and few trucks…

Hi welshboy.
Don’t know the current situation regarding roadworks but I have used the route below in the past:
The N184 through Conflans Sainte Honerine and Sainte Germaine en Laye.
Pick up the N13 to Le Port Marly then bear right onto the N186 up a long windy hill until you join the A13.
Turn right onto the Autoroute then pick up the A12 which will lead you onto the N10 at Montigny le Bretonneux.
Over the A11 then continue down the N191 to pick up the A10 at Allaineville

thats good to know they’re building a tunnel for trucks on the A86 its the only stretch thats 2m.

i use the N184 down to the A10 its just the nightmare of getting to it from the francilienne or te A86 :imp:

if you come around colombes towards goussainville the A14 runs down to the D7 which we used to use but its weight limited and the diversion for trucks takes you down through boulogne :open_mouth: towards the champs elysee, i just thought it would make sense to continue the francilienne or the A86 but as they are extending it via a tunnel I’ll just have to wait :frowning:

i agree with you KW avoid paris is the best but we tip gonnesse (think you guys go there too) and usually reload in cergy pontoise for marbella or goussainville (gefco) for anywhere in spain

Not a very useful post but I despise Paris more than any other city in Europe, it’s just a total nightmare, I avoid it at all costs.

I looked at this a few years ago,and decided it was a lost cause.Contrary to Switchlogic’s post I loved doing Paris,in both coach and lorry.James, take the BP and relax while you view the jolie jambes on display :smiley: :smiley:

Inselaffe:
Hi welshboy.
Don’t know the current situation regarding roadworks but I have used the route below in the past:
The N184 through Conflans Sainte Honerine and Sainte Germaine en Laye.
Pick up the N13 to Le Port Marly then bear right onto the N186 up a long windy hill until you join the A13.
Turn right onto the Autoroute then pick up the A12 which will lead you onto the N10 at Montigny le Bretonneux.
Over the A11 then continue down the N191 to pick up the A10 at Allaineville

I go this way quite often, and also do a drop near columbes and head out that way if going south, can be busy wrong time of day but if you catch it right no prob’s

Why dont they build a toll or free road around the western side,you can lose half a shift trying to get around.