West Yorkshire Poiice to secretly film lorry drivers

Sorry if this has already been posted, can’ see it anywhere. Just saw it on Calendar local news that West Yorkshire police are following South Yorkshire Police’s example of using a Unit with a dashboard mounted HD camera to film HGVs. I believe it is starting today.

Nice to know our hard earned tax money is going to fight major crime!

Nice and easy shifts for them that, and profitable!

While the burglars keep burgling and theft/violence and other crimes go unsolved… :unamused:

Hardly a secret IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT! :sunglasses:

Working by the premis of prevention being better than cure, why don’t West Yorks Police really think outside the box and adopt a high visibility approach?

In case that fast track graduate Inspector in charge of this doesn’t quite grasp the concept here goes; instead of unmarked cars/trucks secretly filming motorists and catching one at a time, why not influence hundreds of drivers into better behaviour by flooding the area with brightly coloured and marked up cars? You could get really radical and write something like “ecilop” on the bonnets for added effect.

Just a thought.

I am all for it.

What I see nowadays is just lunacy with some hgv drivers.

The standard of hgv drivers have gone right down hill this last ten years.

the maoster:
Working by the premis of prevention being better than cure, why don’t West Yorks Police really think outside the box and adopt a high visibility approach?

In case that fast track graduate Inspector in charge of this doesn’t quite grasp the concept here goes; instead of unmarked cars/trucks secretly filming motorists and catching one at a time, why not influence hundreds of drivers into better behaviour by flooding the area with brightly coloured and marked up cars? You could get really radical and write something like “ecilop” on the bonnets for added effect.

Just a thought.

BRILLIANT, it is thinking like that which can make a world of difference! Have you thought of a position like head of traffic police UK? You are obviously the person they need :laughing:

greggy:
I am all for it.

What I see nowadays is just lunacy with some hgv drivers.

The standard of hgv drivers have gone right down hill this last ten years.

However they won’t bother with the foreigners and just hit British Haulage and British drivers as usual.

alder:

the maoster:

Just a thought.

BRILLIANT, it is thinking like that which can make a world of difference! Have you thought of a position like head of traffic police UK? You are obviously the person they need :laughing:

I have been approached but unfortunately my longstanding prior Panto commitments ruled out the possibility of taking the job. :smiley: :smiley:

Drive as fast as you like…as long as you payup for it…but police are perfect mate didnt u know that ?..these are all ways of cashing in the easy way…real crime forget it ! takes a brain.your old grandma gets robbed…it dont make money for them…just paperwork. :cry:

I saw the tractor unit on the a1 near Wetherby on Tuesday, it’s a grey mk3 actros mega space with dark grey chevrons on the front. It was on the hard shoulder with a marked t5 and a log carrier behind that had been tugged.

Saw it pulling out of Ferrybridge services on Tuesday with a couple of squad cars following and another in the truck park taking a drivers particulars.

just let em keep friggin the job up all they like :smiley:
what is going to happen when nobody will do the job anymore for all the crap.
if all the psv drivers in this country went on strike tomorrow a load of kids would miss out on a trip to the baths and a few would miss work or have to walk.
if all lgv drivers went on strike tommorrow the country would stop and be worse than berlin after ww2,thats a fact.

it’s about time they stopped biting the hand that feeds em.

It will never happen matey, same as fuel duty just a ■■■■ poor turnout, the bobbys turn up theres a bit of pushing and shoving and effin and jeffin and everyone goes home, you need a bigger scale than the miners did in 84…but still got ■■■■■■ on not for the want of trying, rich rule the poor and make the rules .

What a bunch of tossers, hope they crash & end up in A+E…

Just an aside…I watched a marked police car overtake me on the M1 south nr Wakefield yesterday, and the driver was holding and taking bites out of a sandwich as he was driving along. I wonder if this is the sort of thing they’re trying to stop truck drivers doing?

Disgusting habits of “professional” HGV drivers filmed by this Police
vehicle in the M1 Wakefield area and shown on local TV news:

Driver on the phone.

Driver texting.

Driver using laptop.

Driver map reading.

Why worry? Drive as you should and they don’t bother you. :wink:

I would rather be burgled anytime than hit by an hairy arsed HGV driver who was talking on his mobile …

shytalk:
Drive as fast as you like…as long as you payup for it…but police are perfect mate didnt u know that ?..these are all ways of cashing in the easy way…real crime forget it ! takes a brain.your old grandma gets robbed…it dont make money for them…just paperwork. :cry:

Ticketing speeders and mobile phone users doesn’t make money for them either.

Was at the DCPC course and the guy there told us that Scania reported to VOSA that a driver of a Police Scania have been removing a fuse to tamper with the speed limiter!

SHOCK-HORROR

The police trying to catch people breaking the law.

Drive within the law, and you’ll have no worries…