West Yorkshire Agency Recommendation?

Hi everyone,

I passed my Cat C in February this year and would now like to find occasional weekend work. My original plan was to do nothing with my licence for those crucial first two years…but I’m already itching to get back into the driver’s seat! I’m not convinced I should do my C+E straight away. I’d rather test the water with some Cat C multi-drop (or whatever I can find) and take it from there.

So, does anyone have any experience of Leeds/Bradford based agencies that are welcoming to new drivers? Obviously I can find a few companies with a google search but it would be great to hear from someone who has been there and done it.

All the best,
DAF_MAN

I’ve not started looking myself yet but I see a lot of advertising from JMD Solutions if that helps.

Try get a perm job for the likes of 3663/Bidvest (not sure where they are but think local) or Greggs (was at Bramley/Pudsey last time I passed)

Bailey employment services ltd have their head office down in Melksham, Wiltshire and i am sure they have an office up that way, have a look on their website.
I worked for Bailey`s on milk tanker work and super market night shift on milk cages in a fridge.They have or still have the Arla foods contract, and Arla have a big depot up that way too.

Thanks guys. I’ll look into JMD Solutions and Bailey Employment Services Ltd…sounds good.

Philmots, I’m not actually looking for full time, permanent work. Not yet anyway. I already have a full time job but I’m not sure I could stay in an office for the rest of my working life…so I’m looking to steadily get Career B going on the side (or should that be Career C+E?). Could do with the extra money too, in light of these public sector cuts!

Hopefully, four or five years from now I will have built up enough experience to have a good chance of walking straight into a £30k+ Class 1 mega-job. Nice to dream anyway.

DAF_MAN

DAF_MAN:
Hopefully, four or five years from now I will have built up enough experience to have a good chance of walking straight into a £30k+ Class 1 mega-job. Nice to dream anyway.

DAF_MAN

I was lucky enough to walk into a job like that with zero experience… Keep at it you’ll get there.

I couldn’t sit in an office all day - you do right.

after recently passing my test for Cat C a couple of weeks ago,some useful info. Cheers

toby1234abc:
Bailey employment services ltd have their head office down in Melksham, Wiltshire and i am sure they have an office up that way, have a look on their website.
I worked for Bailey`s on milk tanker work and super market night shift on milk cages in a fridge.They have or still have the Arla foods contract, and Arla have a big depot up that way too.

Bailey’s are just small fry up here and they’re not the main supplier to Arla either, that’s another agency although the name has slipped me atm. Arla use any mug they can get their hands on on the milk side as day shifts start at 2am and it’s hard graft shifting cages of milk about with broken wheels.

Transline did supply Arla don’t no if they still do, like you put very hard work and they struggle to get drivers

mac12:
Transline did supply Arla don’t no if they still do, like you put very hard work and they struggle to get drivers

EVERY agency in W Yorks is “in” at Arla. Like I said, it’s one of those jobs that no-one wants to do. Same for 3663/Brakes/bakeries.

If you’re wanting class 2 experience you could do a lot worse than getting on with Leeds CC at either Limewood Approach (Highways - gully tankers, sweepers) or down at Cross Green (bin trucks). I did both although mainly on the tankers doing rural septic tanks and really enjoyed it. Had a really sound operator with me and your start and finish times were pretty much guaranteed with it being the council. No idea who the main agency supplier is there now but back in the day (decade ago now) it was Protemp (not even sure they still exist). You could always phone the council depots direct and ask for their transport dept and find out who their main supplying agency is.

philmots:

DAF_MAN:

DAF_MAN

I was lucky enough to walk into a job like that with zero experience… Keep at it you’ll get there.

I couldn’t sit in an office all day - you do right.

Hey, good work, sounds like you landed lucky there. Seeing as the stars are so well aligned for you, where do you see yourself in 10 or 15 years? One of the things that excites me about this industry is the places it can take you along the journey, both geographically and in terms of career progression. Got any goals?

DAF_MAN