West thurrock services

need a bit of advice guys, on the 3rd of november i parked up at thurrock services at 1645 and went to the shop and paid £18.00 for parking no meal voucher, and if my memory serves me correct i only got a till receipt for it, i have now had a phone call from the boss telling me i have a parking fine from cp plus from said sevices, about not paying to park there and that they would like £ 50.00 immediate payment or £80.00, so for the advice do i complain to the manager of thurrock services, or to the head office, or do i go straight to cp plus, any advice welcome

grahamzx6r:
need a bit of advice guys, on the 3rd of november i parked up at thurrock services at 1645 and went to the shop and paid £18.00 for parking no meal voucher, and if my memory serves me correct i only got a till receipt for it, i have now had a phone call from the boss telling me i have a parking fine from cp plus from said sevices, about not paying to park there and that they would like £ 50.00 immediate payment or £80.00, so for the advice do i complain to the manager of thurrock services, or to the head office, or do i go straight to cp plus, any advice welcome

Ring CP Plus asap , they have wrongly tried to fine us a few times , if you have your receipt or any other proof of payment that you paid to park you will be fine :smiley:

just ignore it. we get them from time to time and just bin them. they send a second letter warning of court action unless payment is made immeadiately, then they just leave you alone realising your not paying.

Bin it. It’s not a fine it’s an invoice and as you’ve already paid you have no need for their invoice.

bin it and forget about it. they cannot do naff all about it or take you to court. i got two last year.
as yorkshireborn says.

thanks guys, i will tell the boss to bin it, but after i have phoned cp plus to verbally show my anger and utter disgust at there lack of ability to cross reference a payment and an anpr picture, showing my registration and name on the truck, with the payment details, [zb] :slight_smile:

Unless the tealeaf selling the teabags has had your money away, they issue big red parking tickets to display for parking and as there is only a quid difference for a meal voucher or non voucher you may as well get a cake and a coffee or pop for your trouble.

grahamzx6r:
[/quote]

I’d write (the same letter) to all 3, because there could be a bit of jiggery-pockery going on, and I would send them all without a stamp on the envelope - let them pay!