West Midlands Hiab Training - Help Needed

Hey folks and folkessess, Im looking at getting my Hiab done and just wondered if anybody knew to somewhere in the West Midlands area who also provided the 7hrs CPC as well for the training? Naturally the cheaper the better.
Just trying to shop around, so far only been able to find the ticket (without CPC) for £150.

Try www.jcoates.co.uk

The only Dcpc approved HIAB course I could find on the JAUPT approved courses site was for a HIAB refresher with JLD driver training at Banbury

ROG:
The only Dcpc approved HIAB course I could find on the JAUPT approved courses site was for a HIAB refresher with JLD driver training at Banbury

They do something called an ‘MPORS’ version of HIAB licence, and at the end you get an ID card and possiby a certificate. Costs about £250 and is done ‘on a Saturday Morning’

The Coates one is £270 and is twice a month.

ATT Hinckley was suggested by my agency as someone they have used in the past but I can’t get them on the phone. I’ve tried CTTT in Tamworth and they go out to the customers premises and don’t have their own equipment.

A company that was advertised for the Stratford upon Avon area was actually nationally advertised with local numbers routed through to their Wolverhampton office, only cover stick licence with a hook, is HSE recognised and costs £150 and takes a day.

I’ve tried a few others but despite it being a Tuesday after bank holiday not many people seem to be answering the phones. Meanwhile most agencies in the area are desperate for drivers with a Hiab ticket…

There seems to be a variety of ‘industry recognised’ organisations but the information about them is scarce. I was tempted with Coates but the next ‘slot’ is nearly a month away…

National Plant Operators Registration Scheme

Independant Training Standards Scheme and Register

The Association of Lorry Loader Manufacturers and Importers

So I’m still looking… :unamused: :unamused:

Saratoga:

ROG:

They do something called an ‘MPORS’ version of HIAB licence, and at the end you get an ID card and possiby a certificate. Costs about £250 and is done ‘on a Saturday Morning’

The Coates one is £270 and is twice a month.

ATT Hinckley was suggested by my agency as someone they have used in the past but I can’t get them on the phone. I’ve tried CTTT in Tamworth and they go out to the customers premises and don’t have their own equipment.

A company that was advertised for the Stratford upon Avon area was actually nationally advertised with local numbers routed through to their Wolverhampton office, only cover stick licence with a hook, is HSE recognised and costs £150 and takes a day.

I’ve tried a few others but despite it being a Tuesday after bank holiday not many people seem to be answering the phones. Meanwhile most agencies in the area are desperate for drivers with a Hiab ticket…

There seems to be a variety of ‘industry recognised’ organisations but the information about them is scarce. I was tempted with Coates but the next ‘slot’ is nearly a month away…

Are you 100% certain about agencys desperate for hiab drivers??
I did my hiab/remote crane with Coates, lots of agency do advertise for this category but seems to be a just a fashion at the moment, in my experience non of the positions have actually existed so far.