West Cumberland Tanker Operators

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:
One here belonging to W Pattinson from Aspatria0

Hello
I never heard of Patterson’s before. Can anyone tell me any info on them?
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

You,CG,displease me greatly you really do Marra !!! Here’s me thinking that you could fill all the gaps in for me about some of the great charachters of the old West ■■■■■■■■■■ haulage scene,but even though I left the old county over 50 years ago I still know more about the old operators than you,and you live, and were(I have serious doubts) born and bred right in the middle of the “craic” eh! and you still know ■■■■ all about anything !!! dear oh dear I’m gonna have to look for another “marra” to keep me “gen’d” up on all things “marra” related,have you got Leyland600’s e.mail I’ll give him a “shout”-----oh! I forgot,you’ve upset him as well !! Never mind I’ll start reading the ■■■■■■■■■■ News and Whitehaven News,they’ll keep me informed I’m sure !!!How much is a pint in Fletchertown Club ? Cheers Bewick.PS its W. Pattinson (Bill) not Patterson!!!

Bewick:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:

Hello
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

You,CG,displease me greatly you really do Marra !!! Here’s me thinking that you could fill all the gaps in for me about some of the great charachters of the old West ■■■■■■■■■■ haulage scene,but even though I left the old county over 50 years ago I still know more about the old operators than you,and you live, and were(I have serious doubts) born and bred right in the middle of the “craic” eh! and you still know [zb] all about anything !!! dear oh dear I’m gonna have to look for another “marra” to keep me “gen’d” up on all things “marra” related,have you got Leyland600’s e.mail I’ll give him a “shout”-----oh! I forgot,you’ve upset him as well !! Never mind I’ll start reading the ■■■■■■■■■■ News and Whitehaven News,they’ll keep me informed I’m sure !!!How much is a pint in Fletchertown Club ? Cheers Bewick.PS its W. Pattinson (Bill) not Patterson!!!

Hello Bewick
Sorry marra but I’ve never hear of Pattinsons before, but anything about WCBP I can properly tell you.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Paul A:
Hello ■■■■■■■■ Gill i built the John irving 113 topline for duncans dad who drove the truck. it was a christmas present.
Paul

Hello Paul A
Excelent Model marra. Was it built by hand or was it a kit conversion?
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Bewick:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Stanfield:

Hello
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

You,CG,displease me greatly you really do Marra !!! Here’s me thinking that you could fill all the gaps in for me about some of the great charachters of the old West ■■■■■■■■■■ haulage scene,but even though I left the old county over 50 years ago I still know more about the old operators than you,and you live, and were(I have serious doubts) born and bred right in the middle of the “craic” eh! and you still know [zb] all about anything !!! dear oh dear I’m gonna have to look for another “marra” to keep me “gen’d” up on all things “marra” related,have you got Leyland600’s e.mail I’ll give him a “shout”-----oh! I forgot,you’ve upset him as well !! Never mind I’ll start reading the ■■■■■■■■■■ News and Whitehaven News,they’ll keep me informed I’m sure !!!How much is a pint in Fletchertown Club ? Cheers Bewick.PS its W. Pattinson (Bill) not Patterson!!!

Hello Bewick
I forgot to say. I pint in Fletchertown Club will properly about £3.60, it’s standard price at the moment.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Leyland600:
Hi, I bought all my diesel from Rickerby,s from 1964 to 1980 without any problems at all. Its just a pity that fuel is,nt the same price today as the first load I bought in from Rickerbys in December 1964. 500 gallons cost £106-00 nett = 4/6d per gallon or 21.2 p in todays terminolgy. no VAT in those days. Cheers , Leyland 600.

You don’t recognise the blokes in the photo then ?

No I don,t, the only two I really had any contact with were Joe ■■? tanker driver who lived near Todhills and Alan Tilbury manager at Carlisle.

Hello
Bewick, What about good old Duncan Hill of Dearham. Didn’t he run tankers out of Marchon in the 1970/80’s??
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Duncan hill is not from dearham but in fact from crosby villa.

Paul A:

Hello Paul A
Are you sure? I found this photo of Duncan Hills wagon back in the 1950’s and is clearly has Dearham on, or this another Duncan Hill?
Kindest regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

012.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Paul A:

Hello Paul A
Are you sure? I found this photo of Duncan Hills wagon back in the 1950’s and is clearly has Dearham on, or this another Duncan Hill?
Kindest regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Same company.

I have also added these to the tanker thread (my appoligies)

nickb67:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Paul A:

Hello Paul A
Kindest regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Same company.

Hello nickb67
Thankyou for that. I thought it was.
Kindest Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Stansfield, execelent photos

:smiley: he lived at crosby when i knew him, i went to school with john hill, duncan ran aec,s then and got a erf shortly before moving to crosby villa

:smiley: i thnk he still has the driving school, he hasnt got any photos though, just a one they bought that some one took of 3 scanias at wetherby :smiley:

Thawt I’d seen that old foto afower someweer! DH History.

]

Paul A:

was born and bred in Dearham (like myself) and started his haulage business in Dearham eventually moving to Crosby Villa. I am not too sure where his first yard in Dearham was though.
[/quote]
being from Dearham ,did you know the lads down “the went” J.W.& G pattinson. ? joe passed away a few yrs back .though i believe geordies still about. there used to be some fun downt went ov a weekend when they were int yard. it seemed like every one had a walk along for a crack.