Were's the tightest place you have had to get into

i can think of a few, mainly when doing theatres

one is Richmond theatre clicky

to get in your trailer has to nudge the lamppost on the right by the opticians just slightly or your not getting in, then you have to blind it out again as its impossible to just drive out, yet again just nudging the lamppost with your trailer, usually done in the dark after an out at about midnight with drunken people stood outside the pub directly behind you.

I had to set up an exhibition at Loch Moy one weekend, they had a one way system to get in and out, my vehicle Scania rigid towing a hospitality trailer was 62 ft long, they had to take down a section of fencing to get me in and reverse the system for me to leave 5 days later.

kjw21:

Bikemonkey:
Quay Fresh & Frozen in New Quay Wales,was one of the more memorable. :open_mouth:

+1

+2

makes it worse when the old git keeps coming out of his house and opening his gate in to the road, so, you have to stop and close it to get past :smiling_imp:

took me an hour and a half to do the last mile to the cold store :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Pat Hasler:
Tesco’s store in Windsor comes to mind, designed by a French git who forgot they drive on the other side of the cab, the loading docks were all blind side back up’s and the yard was always full of cages.
On this side of the pond … Cleanscape in Providence RI, backing into a dark hole with about 3 inches each side in a truck that was 72 feet long off a street that was only 30 feet wide, next to a 4 way intersection with lots of ignorant tossers not giving you a chance, I had to do it once a week.

Got asked to drop a 13.5 m trailer on a bay at Tesco windsor while they had work done on thier fridges. I started to drop it on the furthest bay from the gate, but the manager insisted i drop it on the other bay. when i pointed out that it would be impossible to get another vehicle on the other bay, i was told “Tesco own drivers will get it on”, so i did as i was told. Just before I was leaving, a tesco driver turned up and asked me why i was dropping the trailer on that bay, when i told him, he called the manager then told him exactly the same as i had and that the manager was a numpty, i was asked, very nicely if i would mind changing it back!
Another was the Town centre store in Salisbury, that sorted out the men from the boys, reversing around those bends, some blind side with the arnco barrier right next to your front wings!
Asda Tilehurst was another, drive through the warehouse with a inch either side of your mirrors, then turn in a yard full of cages and pallets, so tight you could easily rip your lines off.

kr79:
Shuttlespankers wallet.

It says tightest not impossible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For me it would have to be the ASDA car park at the Wigan store, I missed the turn the first time I went, saw a tanker and thought " hello it must be in there" . Luckily it was a Friday night and there were about 3 empty car parking places left. Good to watch those car drivers faces as the trailer swung around over the car bonnets.

truckerjon:
Got asked to drop a 13.5 m trailer on a bay at Tesco windsor while they had work done on thier fridges. I started to drop it on the furthest bay from the gate, but the manager insisted i drop it on the other bay. when i pointed out that it would be impossible to get another vehicle on the other bay, i was told “Tesco own drivers will get it on”, so i did as i was told. Just before I was leaving, a tesco driver turned up and asked me why i was dropping the trailer on that bay, when i told him, he called the manager then told him exactly the same as i had and that the manager was a numpty, i was asked, very nicely if i would mind changing it back!
Another was the Town centre store in Salisbury, that sorted out the men from the boys, reversing around those bends, some blind side with the arnco barrier right next to your front wings!
Asda Tilehurst was another, drive through the warehouse with a inch either side of your mirrors, then turn in a yard full of cages and pallets, so tight you could easily rip your lines off.

Tesco managers are just basically idiots, they have no idea how hard it is to reverse a lorry, even though they can’t reverse a car :laughing:

billybigrig:

kr79:
Shuttlespankers wallet.

It says tightest not impossible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’m more concerned as to why kr79 would want to try and get in my wallet? :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

kjw21:

Bikemonkey:
Quay Fresh & Frozen in New Quay Wales,was one of the more memorable. :open_mouth:

+1

+2

makes it worse when the old git keeps coming out of his house and opening his gate in to the road, so, you have to stop and close it to get past :smiling_imp:

took me an hour and a half to do the last mile to the cold store :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Here you go Rob. :wink:

Town Head Farm Dairy in Grassington is another very very tight place to get into,only one way too…dont be following Sat Nav!! :wink:

This might be not exactly what you meant, but I’ve been to quite a few interesting places on Hebrides:

Bikemonkey:

shuttlespanker:

kjw21:

Bikemonkey:

+1

+2

Here you go Rob. :wink:
youtube.com/watch?v=G1HgFuXl … ata_player

Town Head Farm Dairy in Grassington is another very very tight place to get into,only one way too…dont be following Sat Nav!! :wink:

thanks Chris :smiley:

it brought back some nightmares of trying to get in there :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

can’t believe you had to take a shunt to get round that right turn at the ice cram shop :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you didn’t happen to video it on the way in too?

edit to add: just found the one on the way in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

like the vocal comments :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was a bin right on the corner mate,hence the shunt :wink: also a car had parked on the yellow lines whilst his missus went in the shop, so i could’nt get round at first,hence why i had to wait. :wink:
the one going in is a bit jerky,dont know why,there was a problem when i uploaded it i seem to remember. :confused:
glad you liked it. :smiley:

Unilever Crumlin for me, when I was Tramping at Stobarts.
The bays are so tight one of them always has to be left empty in rotation and you reverse onto them from a tight public road. Loads of fun.

I pinched the pics from Google Streetview.

damoq:
I would say it was Lynx Express’s Edinburgh and Dundee depots when they were on the go. Edinburgh in particular was a bit of a mare to get a trailer onto the bays. It was impossible to get onto a bay without hitting the trailers either side of you. Infact, hitting the trailers either side was sometimes the only way to straighten your own up to be in line with the bay. Edinburgh was probably the reason all their trailers has scrapes and dents in them and looked so scabby. Dundee involved you having to jacknife onto the bay inside the warehouse, as there was no room to straighten up. There was about 5ft between the front of the trailer and the buildings walls. It looked like the trailers had all been put into place by a crane it was that tight. It was a challenge to say the least. :laughing:

+1 Dundee any ways, never did Edinburgh

oh yes, back in the 70’s National Carriers used to have a place under the railway arches near Liverpool St Station. blind side reverse and dog leg into the dark , off a narrow street with bollards on the kerbs… but they were only 30 ft trailers them days. still a challenge though.

damoq:
I would say it was Lynx Express’s Edinburgh and Dundee depots when they were on the go. Edinburgh in particular was a bit of a mare to get a trailer onto the bays. It was impossible to get onto a bay without hitting the trailers either side of you. Infact, hitting the trailers either side was sometimes the only way to straighten your own up to be in line with the bay. Edinburgh was probably the reason all their trailers has scrapes and dents in them and looked so scabby. Dundee involved you having to jacknife onto the bay inside the warehouse, as there was no room to straighten up. There was about 5ft between the front of the trailer and the buildings walls. It looked like the trailers had all been put into place by a crane it was that tight. It was a challenge to say the least. :laughing:

Was the one in Dundee on clepington rd.? I used to go in there for diesel, is it still open ?

bigvern1:
My Ex Wife’s Khyber. :wink:

+1 :laughing:

I love a nice tight yard :open_mouth:
I do a fair few farms…They can be interesting on single track roads :laughing:
Best was on the Milk, in the dark…That can be really brilliant.

spoke to one of our guys last week, farm in Devon…Tight access, drains either side…Ended up in a lift recovery :open_mouth: Farmer was still laughing as he was lifted :laughing:

lon bopty in bangor.

Trev_H:

damoq:

Was the one in Dundee on clepington rd.? I used to go in there for diesel, is it still open ?

Yes, it was Cleppington Rd. Its not open any more though. When UPS bought them over they moved down to Wester Gourdie i think. :cry:

Trukkertone:

damoq:

+1 Dundee any ways, never did Edinburgh

oh yes, back in the 70’s National Carriers used to have a place under the railway arches near Liverpool St Station. blind side reverse and dog leg into the dark , off a narrow street with bollards on the kerbs… but they were only 30 ft trailers them days. still a challenge though.

Seemed to be a thing with Lynx/National Carriers having tight yards. Something tells me Carlisle was a bit iffy too. Was it Stephenson Road maybe? Im sure i remember going to Carlisle not long after getting my Class 1 and i think it took me a while to get on the bay there too!!! :blush: