Went for assessment today

Well I went for an assessment, only on the fork truck and I didn’t pass. The reason I wasn’t quick enough despite tipping the trailer in about 10 mins (2 flt they do 2 assessments at once). Its annoying because we thought we had done well and when the bloke said everything you done was perfect I thought great we have got in then next breath but you aren’t quick enough for the night shift apparently you are expected to drive like a nutter which I am capable of doing but being as it was an assessment I thought do it nice and steady and safe well you win some you lose some just wishing he said something like tip that trailer as quick as you can and I would of.

Thats just bollox mate i feel for ya, i know the type of fork lift driver they are after though. What u should have done is reverse really fast and knock it into foward mode whilst still going backwards then u should generate some wheel spin from the front wheels and shoot off really quickly. :unamused:

Sounds like a no win situation to me fella :frowning:

Chin up mate and keep looking I’m sure something will come your way. Have a look on the professional drivers forum as Poundland are recruiting and its in your back yard

Well life goes on must admit I was gutted when ever I have had an interveiw before I got it but times are different now and companies can pick and choose more anyway wrote down a list of companies to call going to try and get back driving vans. Im really missing working, missing driving and missing the money have only been looking for night work so far due to hoping my funding would be unfrozen and I can crack on with my class 2 course but Im going to look for days aswell and if funding comes try and book a couple of weeks off if not atleast i will be working and can save up for a bit.

Any one who is struggling to find work I completly know how you feel Ive never felt so down, worrying how we are going to feed kids but we just got to keep trying something will come up in the end and boy when it does its going to feel so f u k i n good

I thought great we have got in then next breath but you aren’t quick enough for the night shift apparently you are expected to drive like a nutter which I am capable of doing but being as it was an assessment I thought do it nice and steady and safe

Before starting the assessment - as long as safety in not compromised in any way - ask the person assessing you what they are looking for :bulb:

To be honest,mate i am a big believer in karma (fate) if you did not get the job , then it was not for you in the first place, something will come your way, like me this morning, being offered a permanent van driving job, mentioned i had a class C and it was a done deal, more or less , no stress, no vosa to worry about, no running bent for the gaffer, chin -up and bide your time.

Driving like a mad thing is asking for an accident sooner rather than later,you will get something else.

They told this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDWNam7RtE he wasn’t quick enough and look what happened, tel the **** to swivvel.

Next time I go for an assessment I will be asking what they expect never thought of asking this time as its another lesson I have learnt along the way. The karma thing may just be right as I have spent most of the day on the phone 3 companies asked me to send my cv in, one just incase anything comes up, one that I may get some european van work and the one that sounds most positive is a company that has just taken on some new work and has asked me to call back next week so fingers crossed will be back out on the road soon which to be honest I would much rather be driving than in a warehouse dodging mad man on fork trucks lol. Also had an e mail about my funding for my class c course and things are looking up and hopefully should be sorted out soon.

So today is a much better day and hopefully things are starting to turn.

Thanks for all the positive replies I appreciate them.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Thats just bollox mate i feel for ya, i know the type of fork lift driver they are after though. What u should have done is reverse really fast and knock it into foward mode whilst still going backwards then u should generate some wheel spin from the front wheels and shoot off really quickly. :unamused:

Yeah, our lot do that to on nights :laughing:
But you get used to it, just stand well back and laugh at them when they drop pallets off the flt because their in such a rush :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Was thinking about filming them and sticking it on Youtube :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Yeah, our lot do that to on nights :laughing:
But you get used to it, just stand well back and laugh at them when they drop pallets off the flt because their in such a rush :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Was thinking about filming them and sticking it on Youtube :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: I was delivering to Wickes couple of weeks and the flt driver done exactly that, he was tipping a knauf artic and he dropped a load of plaster board :laughing:

I would love to spend a night in the warehouse that I had the assessment for, as I was going one of the blokes asked how I got on, told him I had failed to which he said you didnt do anything wrong I said I wasnt quick enough he laughed and said this place is getting worse he told me he refuses to do nights because it is so dangerous if you dont get hit by a flt you get hit by a pallet that someone has dropped. Just seams crazy to me but no soar grapes will just move on and keep applying for jobs.