Well this is taking the micky

Reef:
The tacho head will still record though even if his drivers card doesn’t, if the mileage and other things are checked in-depth they ‘may’ still find the discrepancies, oh and then you’d get done for falsifying your records too, happy days :wink:

That needs a bit more investigation than just a roadside check so I’d take my chances VOSA bogey man doesn’t scare me :smiley:

Anyone taking bets on how long he stays at Brakes?

harrawaffa:

Reef:
You’ve got it a bit muddled buddy, your shift times (anything that falls between your daily/reduced daily or weekly/reduced weekly rest periods) are very much part of the EU drivers hours regs and absolutely nothing to do with the WTD, and anything that falls within the EU regs is enforceable by law and therefore prosecutable. Also be aware that this historical prosecution is a thing now too so they can look at your records in months time and still do you for it, just read up on basically anything tachograph has written regarding EU regs and cover yourself in future.

Hopefully he’s had the sense to eject his card once he was parked up and out of hours. Not a chance in hell I’d be sitting there clocking up an infringement because someone can’t deliver a filler cap when they said they would.

I did

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:
Driving without a filler cap has caused many accidents especially with motorcycles. Luckily most cannot be left lying about by a dopey driver these days. :smiley:

You have a source for that? Accidents directly attributed to the cap missing from a lorry and spilling fuel. I look forward to seeing the statistics that lead to you make that statement.

I crashed on a diesel soaked roundabout years ago.
On my bike that was only third party insured. Wrote it off. No recourse as no idea who had dropped the diesel.
Roundabout was soaked in it. Police said it happens regularly. Driver leaves cap off after fuelling and bingo.
I lost £6000 ish as a result.
Still boils my ■■■■.

Beetlejuice:
Anyone taking bets on how long he stays at Brakes?

Gonna stick it for a year minimum just for the experience

Do you really think it’s a good idea to post on an open forum that the company picked you up knowing that your hours were up, when you’ve also posted who you work for :open_mouth:

To be honest mate, if I was your employer and I saw this I’d be thinking of ways to legally get rid of you by now.

biggriffin:
The new breed of, hold there hand, wipe there bottom driver…

If you had been half way to somewhere in Europe and noticed you filler cap missing what would you have done.

1 parked up and waited for answer from a pointy shoe office Muppet.
2 used your common sense, fixed it an cracked on.

:laughing: :laughing:
Got to agree tbh. :smiley: …but the lad is new. :bulb:
Ok he done the ‘‘Right’’ thing in Theoryworld, but in Realworld (where I prefer to live) a plastic bag sealed up.and taped around and around with a few layers of ducktape would near as dammit make it diesel tight to get you back to the yard.
Better still, carry a spare cap,… or is that too much like old school common sense. :neutral_face:

robroy:

biggriffin:

If you had been half way to somewhere in Europe and noticed you filler cap missing what would you have done.

Ok he done the ‘‘Right’’ thing in Theoryworld, but in Realworld (where I prefer to live) a plastic bag sealed up.and taped around and around with a few layers of ducktape would near as dammit make it diesel tight to get you back to the yard.
Better still, carry a spare cap,… or is that too much like old school common sense. :neutral_face:

Of course not forgetting to puncture the plastic bag so it can breath, and not get sucked into the tank.

Darkside:

robroy:

biggriffin:

Of course not forgetting to puncture the plastic bag so it can breath, and not get sucked into the tank.

That suction is why I’ve got a habit of dangling my doodaa into diesel tanks :laughing:

toonsy:

Darkside:

robroy:

biggriffin:

That suction is why I’ve got a habit of dangling my doodaa into diesel tanks :laughing:

+1
i know the feeling,theres nothing worse than getting the sediment from the bottom of the tank in your japs eye though… :open_mouth:

tachograph:
Do you really think it’s a good idea to post on an open forum that the company picked you up knowing that your hours were up, when you’ve also posted who you work for :open_mouth:

To be honest mate, if I was your employer and I saw this I’d be thinking of ways to legally get rid of you by now.

Possibly not but it’s perhaps a bit late now…

robroy:

biggriffin:

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Every day is a school day as they say. Every mistake I make is one I won’t repeat again. I might be quite good at this in a decade or So!

harrawaffa:

Reef:
The tacho head will still record though even if his drivers card doesn’t, if the mileage and other things are checked in-depth they ‘may’ still find the discrepancies, oh and then you’d get done for falsifying your records too, happy days :wink:

That needs a bit more investigation than just a roadside check so I’d take my chances VOSA bogey man doesn’t scare me :smiley:

Hey harrawaffa, thanks for the apology. :unamused:

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:

Reef:

Hey harrawaffa, thanks for the apology. :unamused:

Sorry Dozy

IronEddie:

robroy:

biggriffin:

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Every day is a school day as they say. Every mistake I make is one I won’t repeat again. I might be quite good at this in a decade or So!

That’s the spirit Eddie! :grimacing:

the maoster:
If it’s Brakes then it must be an Actros? Agreed that driving without a filler cap is not advisable, but the Actros has a spring loaded flap in the filler neck that ensures no fuel spill. I’d have defected it when I got back to base tbh.

MANs and Actros units. The old Axors have been dehired. The cap I was speaking of was on a MAN that has also since been de-hired.

IronEddie:

dieseldog999:

Adonis.:

IronEddie:
Got to my last drop in Northampton and noticed my fuel filler cap is missing.

Ring Tamworth and they arrange someone to come out with a new one. Should arrive in an hour to ninety minutes. As I write this it’s been two hours twenty. Now my battery has also gone flat so I need a new filler cap and a jump.

Oh and I no longer have enough duty time left to drive back anyway. I’ll be at 15 hours come 8.30.

Wish I hadn’t noticed and driven back. Would have been home by now.

Rag and cable tie would have gotten you home, live and learn.

A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
self inflicted misery.
a perfect example of the new breed of paid from the neck down kebab in a hiviz.
would it really be beyond you to use your lidl bag,and a cable tie,tape,rope,or bit of knicker elastic and just drive on nowing your not going to spill anything anyway?..jesus wept… :unamused:

Yeah but I’m new and I’m trying to do things by the book so that I might stay on good terms with my employer.

throw the book out the window

One good thing that could come out of this thread is that if another Newbie see’s it they might be able to sort themselves out if need be.

But with a company like Brakes, would you get into more trouble if you did do a quick fix job to get yourself home?
always lie and say you only notice it a mile away from base :wink: ?

trevorking1964:

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:
Driving without a filler cap has caused many accidents especially with motorcycles. Luckily most cannot be left lying about by a dopey driver these days. :smiley:

You have a source for that? Accidents directly attributed to the cap missing from a lorry and spilling fuel. I look forward to seeing the statistics that lead to you make that statement.

I crashed on a diesel soaked roundabout years ago.
On my bike that was only third party insured. Wrote it off. No recourse as no idea who had dropped the diesel.
Roundabout was soaked in it. Police said it happens regularly. Driver leaves cap off after fuelling and bingo.
I lost £6000 ish as a result.
Still boils my ■■■■.

Farmers are bad for spilling the stuff all over the place, have seen a few accidents near farm steadings - slippy stuff if its combined with a bit of rain.

dieseldog999:

toonsy:

+1
i know the feeling,theres nothing worse than getting the sediment from the bottom of the tank in your japs eye though… :open_mouth:

WTF am I reading… :confused: :open_mouth: :unamused: :neutral_face: