Well there’s the problem

Well one of them any way.
Turned up on site this morning to collect a load .
Checked in with security and told to park in bay 4
Pulls into bay only to be told by fork lift driver at the top of his voice
You can’t park there got down the xxxx bottom and park with his angry little face
That was at 0620
Now 0805 still sat waiting for load .
So before the week even starts been talked to like a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and messed around collecting my load . Which in turn will make my day longer and no doubt more hassle
They wonder why drivers are leaving the industry.

There are ways & means of putting people like that in their place bud. Your first mistake was to move the truck. Simply stay put and when a clean hi-viz pointy shoe inevitably rocks up you simply explain that you are doing as asked and that you are happy to move the wagon once the helmet shunter apologises for his rude & unprofessional behaviour.

I find that following up with the point that I get paid by the hour & I’m happy to be there all day also helps…

You should have stayed put until he spoke to you in a proper manner,following that you should have gone and found his manager to complain about him before coming on here to vent about it.

You gonna leave because a forkey yelled at you and you had to wait for 2 hours? Are you out of your mind? 1st tell him that security sent you there let them fight it out amongst themselves while you entertain yourself at the spectacle and then for 2-3 more hours. You want a job and done try trunking between own depots. If you’re hourly paid why worry■■? You were there on time, did as instructed - now the ball is in their half

I wouldn’t saying I was venting about it
Just stating a fact of what actually happened and happens frequently in this industry.
You honestly think going to his manager would solve anything .
Close ranks and make things more difficult in the future.
There is a general apathy within the industry that needs addressing and that will take a long time to filter through .
Perhaps going to his manager and making a complaint is the start of that procedure you may be right .
But in my opinion he shouldn’t need telling by management to be civil and polite ,
That should be a given .

Or, and this has better results, ring your own management and explain exactly what’s gone down and you’ve been sworn and shouted at, if your admin/line manager doesn’t take it seriously at the time or when you get back there’s no feedback fill in an incident report which, if its a proper company, will be seen and acted upon by those further up the chain because you’ve made the complaint in writing and they have to act.

When one of your directors contacts their equivalent the crap storm that ensues is more enjoyable (though you will probably have left hours or days before the storm rolling downhill gets going), when a driver complains it will usually only be to an immediate superior of the knuckle dragger cos management keep out the way, thats as far as it goes and said knuckler/team leader laugh about it.

No, none of this should be needed, but arses like this need sorting out, they think they have a little bit of power and it goes to their heads.

Oh no ETS
Deffo not leaving was just stating why I can see why some people leave
The industry, I’m feet up in the yard booking various trips away with the good wife and obviously ( venting on here ) and reading a book . Yes hourly paid so no great issue in the long term scale of things .
I just don’t think it’s right to be barked at .
In the mean time kettles boiled

Happy Trucker1:
I wouldn’t saying I was venting about it
Just stating a fact of what actually happened and happens frequently in this industry.
You honestly think going to his manager would solve anything .
Close ranks and make things more difficult in the future.
There is a general apathy within the industry that needs addressing and that will take a long time to filter through .
Perhaps going to his manager and making a complaint is the start of that procedure you may be right .
But in my opinion he shouldn’t need telling by management to be civil and polite ,
That should be a given .

He may be having a ■■■■■■ day himself, have you considered this possibility? Not an excuse to yell at people but still, as someone who’s yelled at people becaues I’ve been having a ■■■■■■ day I can relate - and take the abuse back fair and square :slight_smile:

If you misbehave you run the risk of being told that you will be “banned from the site”. If you are the victim of unacceptable behaviour, you can tell the manager that they run the risk of your union “banning the site”

Just delivered essity Trafford park which is a joke
Have park on some waste land across the road which is like a mud bath in this rain.
Then walk over to security to book in . Waiting at security some.foreign driver walks in behind me sees a toilet he goes to use it .
And security tells him no. He uses it anyway.and then gets more abuse from security fella

edd1974:
Have park on some waste land across the road which is like a mud bath in this rain.
Then walk over to security to book in . Waiting at security some.foreign driver walks in behind me sees a toilet he goes to use it .
And security tells him no. He uses it anyway.and then gets more abuse from security fella

Strap a camera to your chest like the cops. Tell them it’s a elf and safety issue for their protection and yours. Post everything to YouTube or Facebook.

Truck cameras watch the driver. RDC’s are covered in cameras. Should be no problems the driver wearing a camera…or is there?

No point leaving the industry because of these people.You get these idiots no matter youre a trucker or working in a fast food place or people working on market stalls

edd1974:

Our boss has banned us from parking in that pallet yard because of the state of it, and the possible damage to our trucks.

If it is the security bod I think it is, (Beard and glasses.) I asked to use the toilet last week, and he said no, so I went back to the truck, past the stinking portaloo, ( It hadn’t been cleaned out at the time.) and had a ■■■■ at the back of my trailer.

Ken.

Optimum:
If you misbehave you run the risk of being told that you will be “banned from the site”.

DHL at Bicester said that to me. So i said “see ya” and off I went on my merry way :laughing:

Happy Trucker1:
Well one of them any way.
Turned up on site this morning to collect a load .
Checked in with security and told to park in bay 4
Pulls into bay only to be told by fork lift driver at the top of his voice
You can’t park there got down the xxxx bottom and park with his angry little face
That was at 0620
Now 0805 still sat waiting for load .
So before the week even starts been talked to like a piece of [zb] and messed around collecting my load . Which in turn will make my day longer and no doubt more hassle
They wonder why drivers are leaving the industry.

If the delivery and collection points had a system where they gave a monkeys about loading and tipping trucks the vehicle downtime would be reduced, drivers might get more done and home quicker. Imagine being tipped within half and hour of arrival regardless of which RDC how many hours would that save a week. Too many warehouse staff think holding up drivers is a sport to be enjoyed and if the driver complains he will stay there longer.

Optimum:
If you misbehave you run the risk of being told that you will be “banned from the site”. If you are the victim of unacceptable behaviour, you can tell the manager that they run the risk of your union “banning the site”

On the…

Occaisions I’ve had that old chestnut levelled at me my reply is ‘can you get that in writing and make it legally binding please?’

It sounds as though a lorry driver has been seeing to his missus :laughing: