Well that didnt last long!

Started my new job in magor with downton this week,and finished allready…

I DID 6 yrs in that brewery on agency and never had a problem,tradeteam couldnt handle it,now its downton turn. Talk about running you to the max,ok they have put brand new kit in there along with new trailers too,
but i am not that desperate for money to do a 17 hour stint from the moment i wake up to finish time…bye bye mr downton… all for 8 quid an hour !!

Off to tesco nx week for another assesment, how can it take 8 hours to do that what can i expect ,apart from an early finish >>> 13 quid an hour , bring it on… :slight_smile:

Lucky you don’t need the work!!!

acerlink:

I DID 6 yrs in that brewery on agency and never had a problem,tradeteam couldnt handle it,now its downton turn. Talk about running you to the max,ok they have put brand new kit in there along with new trailers too,
but i am not that desperate for money to do a 17 hour stint from the moment i wake up to finish time…bye bye mr downton… all for 8 quid an hour !!

Off to tesco nx week for another assesment, how can it take 8 hours to do that what can i expect ,apart from an early finish >>> 13 quid an hour , bring it on… :slight_smile:

how did you manage 17 hrs was that from the time you left home till you got back?

acerlink:

I would have gave it a bit longer than a few days, maybe they got some teething problems, I think I would give it a month to see how it goes.

They`ll be trying to trip Downton up, just like they did with Tradeteam, running them ragged, then leaving them to stew when the crap clouts the fan, deliberately tripping you up seems their main occupation, sad but true :imp:

Hopefully Downton will have the balls to stand up to them, unlike Tradeteam, who did`nt have TMs with real power, unlike Mr Downton :wink:

How many days did you last?

acerlink:

You won’t get £13ph there. That would be Sunday rates. Most agencies I have seen are paying around £9 plus a few pennies.

That didnt last long at all, do you quite everything that easily.

At 15 hours you park up and pull the curtains. :unamused:

13 pounds an hour, no chance £9.00 and £11.50 for weekends no night rate and no overtime rate and don’t expect to be in Magor everyday either.

But do expect plenty of work in Avonmouth which nobody else wants 00.00-03.00 start times and £5.70 for the bridge. Surely Downtons can’t be a lot worse than Down Hill Logistics.

Also it goes quiet after Christmas 3 shifts a week if you’re lucky.

acerlink:

your on a twister arnt you tescos dont pay 13 ph come 15 hrs pull curtains break i dont care if a driver is waiting for wagon dont let vosa see your card there will fine you on the spot