Well now got my moffet

Ahh well i feel better today than i did last saturday as today I took my moffet course and an upgrade course for my Hiab from manual to remote … and all though i new the Hiab upgrade was’nt hard was a bit worried about the moffet as ive never used one before although I had counterbalance I was a bit worried about putting it on and off the truck but was quite easy realy … once you have done it a couple of times :laughing:
lol Two of us of this site went to chorley me and (Big T ) and I even let (Big T ) have the first go on the moffet ha ha :laughing: well it was raining & hailstoning when we strarted and the seat was wet through and he dried it out nicely for me ha ha …SORRY T … only kidding . :laughing: :laughing:

ah its O’right
it was a pretty crappy day, rain, hail stoning , snow and sleet. got it all today, was wet through.
i’m going to be sending it off on Monday by e-mail.
nearly crashed on the Motorway, cos the weather was so bad!

Well done guys! So it was worth getting a soggy arse then? :laughing:

Well done on getting another ticket gentlemen, you’re “looking more attractive” to the employers now! :smiley: Congratulations!!!

Do you mind me asking where you did it and was it what you was expecting. As I remember a couple of weeks again YAMBOL57 you was having trouble to find a training supplier that had the kit and didn’t expect you to have it instead! :unamused:

Not sure how the training companies can run that line, why would you buy a moffet and then worry about how to use it, surely you’d want to be trained first and then get one…that’s if you had a lorry to put one on in the first place :laughing: Not may of us are fortunate to have the money to get one of them first let alone a Moffet…yet! :open_mouth:

C

yea was a bit of a toil mate spent hours on the net looking for a trainer who had a moffet and a remote hiab as i knew it would work out cheeper to book both at the same time and I found a guy who could get access to both so i booked it Funny story realy but Glen one of the agents who i work for arranged for the loan of them from one of his clients and didnt know that me and Big T were the ones who wanted to do the course untill the day before the course and he’s known the trainer for years …LOL half a day in the rain and snow learning how to take the moffet off the truck and put it on the truck then test was take moffet off truck do your checks pick up a pallet safely and load it on truck then unload it again put moffet back on truck answer a few questions test finnished …wish the C/E was like that ha and Hiab was even better just had to do the test and answer questions … but it makes it easier to get Hiab work now having the remote on my ticket as most companies want to see romote on the ticket and its a dam site easier with remote as you can see better where the loads going rather than being stuck on the back of the truck with the sticks (manual) … :laughing: :laughing: another plus point if its persisting down (Raining ) you can always stand under shelter with a remote and unload :grimacing: instead of shivering on the back of the truck with steamed up glasses and rain running down the back of your neck .
The company we used was RPS a guy named Ricky at preston well worth the money cost me £400 to do both up grades .But if you go to moffet at warrington just the moffet course cost a damb site more than that :laughing: :laughing: yep a happy chappy now . I just want to get my CE now then next after that is ADR later in the year …i dont think that there is much more i can do after that :laughing:
Hello Big T im taking my tickets in to all five agents monday morning that way i know that they have got coppies and i regestered with Tower recruitment on my way home yesterday …so now thats 6 agents …

Hey Yambol57,

Thank you so much for the information, that will come in so handy for my training plan then! :laughing: Looks like I’m going to be spending a lot of my holidays up North now, better get used to the inclement weather then!

Like your thinking about “you first sir, and dry that seat with your arse while your at it!” :laughing:

£400 is cheap isn’t it. I’m going the other way round CE, ADR, HIAB and Moffett, it’s mad money though in the end isn’t it! :open_mouth:

Best of luck on the next stage and well done for getting the tickets again! :grimacing:

C