Well its a year on just about

hi all

not posted on here in a while but i have been having a nose time to time seeing how the men and women on this forum are getting on with their training, or in some cases their difficulty in getting a job when they have proved they can drive safely on that dreaded test day we all faced :frowning:

I took my cat C test last april fools day my second attempt with chevron lgv training in flint, north wales and passed with 4 minors was absolutely made up and eagerly awaited my licence to come back from the dvla with that little c meaning i can officially drive a hgv for a living :slight_smile:

well i like most went round countless agencies and firms handing cvā€™s and covering letters in and most said sorry no experience, a few took them and said will keep me in mind if anything comes up i also signed up with a few agencies to be given the usual ā€œyes come in register we have plenty of work for experienced and not so experienced driversā€ that as most of us have found out is bull ā€¦ but there are a few agencies out there that are quite decent and as most driving work is through agency we all have to start somewhere.

my lucky break after a cpl of days driving for one agency doing general haulage in a curtainsided rigid lorry i landed a agency job driving bin lorries for my local council 10 mins bike ride form my house so convenient if nothing else i thought. Well i have been there for nearly a year now driving bin lorries as well as other vehicles they operate inc hook lift and skip wagons the lads are a good bunch and have now got a years experience to my name ā€¦well just about :wink:
so it just goes to show there are jobs out there and us newbies have to show them companies we are just as capable of driving their vehicles as some of those drivers that have been driving for years we may all have a bumpy startā€¦ getting used to reversing in the pitch black and with pedestrians that like to walk behind you whilst you are reversing but as long as you take your time and get out and look if you need to we can all make that grade of being a proffesional hgv driver

well i hope i havent bored you all to tears i just thought that iā€™d share my little experience so far with you all and i hope whoever is just about to take their test or thinking about doing their training my very best of luck and hope you get that certificate that gives you that c or ce on your licence

thanks for reading and again good luck with your training or job hunting

regards
john

psā€¦ if anyone from chevron lgv training reads this thanks for getting me through my test i am the happiest i have been in a long time doing a job i absolutely love and when i eventually do my ce training iā€™ll be back :slight_smile:

Really nice post to read. I know it might be a bit late, but Congrats on pass and job. :smiley:

Nice to see another success story to keep the good vibes :wink: :sunglasses:

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Well done sounds like things have worked out for you. Are youing going to stick with class 2 or go for class 1 ?

Mullens:
Well done sounds like things have worked out for you. Are youing going to stick with class 2 or go for class 1 ?

Wanna-b-a-newbie:
psā€¦ if anyone from chevron lgv training reads this thanks for getting me through my test i am the happiest i have been in a long time doing a job i absolutely love and when i eventually do my ce training iā€™ll be back :slight_smile:

Congrats on your job, Iā€™m on the bins too atm. :slight_smile:

Blimey John is it really that long - doesnā€™t time fly.

From everyone here at Chevron a huge well done :smiley: and I am so glad things have worked out this well for you. As you say being a newbie can be hard to start but can also be very rewarding when it does work out.

Anytime your passing pop in for a brew buddy, always welcome, and looking forward to seeing you for the next step :wink:

Best wishes :slight_smile:
John

Well done John, great post and always good to hear a positive story of someone finding work and enjoying it :smiley: :smiley:

thanks for the replies gazza and bandit

hi Mullens atm i am sticking with my class 2 as funds are quite tight a few things to pay off from when i was out of work for 18 months but as soon as funds allow i will be getting my skates on down to chevron lgv training and getting that training booked. What do you drive for atm.

Hi Sam Millar congrats on getting that start i saw from some of your posts you were struggling at first but like us all you didnt quit and that has now paid off. which council is it you are driving for sam iam with cheshire west atm.

Hi john send everyone my best wishes especially paul as he had his work cut out with me for that week :wink: :wink: there were a cpl of times i thought is it worth it but paul gave me one of his talks and i am glad he did because i got there in the end and that little certificate sure made my day.
next time i am up in your area i will take you up on that brew be great to see you all again :smiley:

regards
john

ps if any of you see a cheshire west and chester skip wagon driving round the Ellesmere Port, Chester and surrounding area thatā€™ll probably be me :smiley: