Well I'm fraggled

Well day one of being a wagon driver complete, bloody long day though, which I’m not used to. 7.30am-5.30pm. Anyway a few tricky reverse’s in tight spaces and a two and a half hour wait at Amazon (that place is bloody huge I was about half way down in bay 37 !!!) all in all a great day with no mishaps made complete by finding a Yorkie in my lunch box. :grimacing:
I think I will be having an early night tonight ready to do it all tomorrow

That’s not a long day wait until you work 15 hours

Well done on completing the first day. It normally gets a bit easier from now. And a Yorkie - what could be better!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hey guys quick question on macs post there. Im still not 100% on tacographs but how can you do 15hr day if only aloud drive 9■■ Any help apprecated :smiley:

mac12:

I wont be working 15hrs I am just a relief/holiday cover, I know the gaffer and he knows what I am after work wise, I have a few more irons in the fire in other jobs so really only want the odd day a week anyway

You can do 3 15hr days a week and to 13s.This includes all your driving and breaks poa.Within the time allowed.

O rite so the rest of week you just drive the 9hrs? What about the 10hrs twice a week? Sorry bud im still learning bout tacographs and still havnt drove and past my c+e last month. Stil no luck with work yet trying to know everything about tacographs before hand :smiley:

davy1111:
O rite so the rest of week you just drive the 9hrs? What about the 10hrs twice a week? Sorry bud im still learning bout tacographs and still havnt drove and past my c+e last month. Stil no luck with work yet trying to know everything about tacographs before hand :smiley:

Again your 10hr drives twice a week must fit into your 13s or 15s.You don’t have to do 10hr drives at all if you don’t need to.But they are always handy to have.There is a link here somewhere that might make it clearer for you.There is a bit to get your head around when you first pass.Try and at least get a good grasp of the basics.And of course.Do a search on this site.Good luck in finding work.

Thanks daftvader apprecate info mate. Thats just only think im worryed about is driving hours. Cheers mate :smiley:

davy1111:
Thanks daftvader apprecate info mate. Thats just only think im worryed about is driving hours. Cheers mate :smiley:

No problem mate.Anything you need to know just ask.Always someone on here to put you right.

Davy111 try not to confuse working time with driving time. Driving time allows you a max of 9 hrs driving each day which can be stretched to 10 hrs per day twice a week. WORKING TIME includes driving, other work, rest breaks, poa etc and must not exceed 15 hrs under any circumstances. You are allowed three 15 hr working days per week all others need to max at 13 hrs.

Good luck bud and congrats to you and the op on gaining C+E

Tazbug

Thanks very much daftvader and tazbug apprecate your help guys :wink:

Whitey2104:
Well day one of being a wagon driver complete, bloody long day though, which I’m not used to. 7.30am-5.30pm. Anyway a few tricky reverse’s in tight spaces and a two and a half hour wait at Amazon (that place is bloody huge I was about half way down in bay 37 !!!) all in all a great day with no mishaps made complete by finding a Yorkie in my lunch box. :grimacing:
I think I will be having an early night tonight ready to do it all tomorrow

Can I ask you as you trained on a wagon and drag did you have an assesment in an artic? If so how did you find that competed to the wagon and drag?

Thanks Justin

Well done on your first day sounds good.
I dream of 7.30 starts I have heard of them lol, sounds good being a relief driver my 5 days last week was 69 3/4 and 2 days so far this week im upto 27 3/4 already and another 13+ tomorrow how jolly fun lol.

Im sure our planners have a different scale bloody map to me :open_mouth:

↑^^^^^^^
Be interesting for your 48hr wtd weekly average :smiley:

Tazbug

davy1111:
Hey guys quick question on macs post there. Im still not 100% on tacographs but how can you do 15hr day if only aloud drive 9■■ Any help apprecated :smiley:

Davy1111 it can be well confusing, sign up to www.mydrivinghours.co.uk and use it. It’s brilliant and it’s free. It logs all your times, tells you what time you have left, warns you of running out of working time and shows you your spread over the 3 weeks to make sure you don’t mess up your weekly rests. I use it for both my jobs to make sure my office work doesn’t impinge on my driving work. Just remember to always enter your times in UTC and not local time (right now n BST its -1hr to get utc time)

Wait till you do a 15 hr shift & near end of it have to help unload 26 pallets of what is know as bulk ( can be anything on the pallets ie cans of pop or pet food etc ) you use a pallet truck to take to pallets to rear of trailer nice & easy really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck

animal:
Wait till you do a 15 hr shift & near end of it have to help unload 26 pallets of what is know as bulk ( can be anything on the pallets ie cans of pop or pet food etc ) you use a pallet truck to take to pallets to rear of trailer nice & easy really :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck

Yep I agree and if your really really lucky the trailer will be level lol yeah right pigs might fly.
If we tip onto a loading bay the headboard is lower than the deck and they load it so the pop is on the headboard, 500 2litre coke on 1 pallet isnt funny any time of the day.

mac12:

Or a 20 ! (Double manned)

Dav1d:

mac12:

Or a 20 ! (Double manned)

21 :grimacing: