Well i only went and passed! thanks chevron

hi all

i passed my cat c with chevron on the 1st of april 2011 and now a little over 2 years later i have passed my c+e :smiley: :smiley: this morning with 7 minors

my training started on monday at chevron training in flint north wales with dan my instructor for the week.
to say i was worried about nailing the reverse exercise was an understatment but after being given the right advice i looked for the markings on the trailer and it all fell into place. the rest of my training for the week was pretty good it took me a day to get used making smooth changes on a 4 over 4 box as i have been driving bin lorries on an auto box pretty much since passing my c. but it all seemed to come together through the rest of the week.

but now is all done and if anyone is after a friendly and proffesional training provider to gain their licences i can honestly say chevron will sort you out and you also get to do your test from their yard not from the local test ctr in llay in wrexham

all i have to do now is find that class 1 job fingers crossed it will be soon and i will let you all know when that happens

thanks again to all the staff at chevron training

regards

john

Good Man. Well Done

Congrats John :bulb: :sunglasses:
Good luck in looking for c+e work :stuck_out_tongue:
ive just done my c+e after driving cat c for 2 years , I do a couple of days aweek on artics now and im loving it .My employer does general haulage so theres loads of variety which i like .
I see your from ellesmere port ,we run up to Vauxhall on the north road ind est with curtainsiders .

cheers Mike

Fantastic news John - sorry myself and Karen weren’t there to share your great day - but we are very pleased for you, great 1st time pass.
Sitting by the pool now having a beer for you :wink:.

Best wishes.

John

Hi,
Congrats on passing,

I notice chevron driving past in the Deeside Estate, i work as security on one of the sites. They must be reliable as i see one or two daily on the estate.

What Vehicles do they use and for the C+E do they use Wag and Drag or Artic? I have scanned their website but its very clustered i have to admit so i thought why not get some information of some one who has trained and passed with them :smiley:

sinclair89:
Hi,
Congrats on passing,

I notice chevron driving past in the Deeside Estate, i work as security on one of the sites. They must be reliable as i see one or two daily on the estate.

What Vehicles do they use and for the C+E do they use Wag and Drag or Artic? I have scanned their website but its very clustered i have to admit so i thought why not get some information of some one who has trained and passed with them :smiley:

Sorry you found the website cluttered- if you go to the c+e page it shows a picture of 1 of our training vehicles, yes it is a wagon and drag but it is longer than any artic you will train in.
You could always pop down and see us when you have a spare 5 mins.

John

chevmac:

sinclair89:
Hi,
Congrats on passing,

Sorry you found the website cluttered- if you go to the c+e page it shows a picture of 1 of our training vehicles, yes it is a wagon and drag but it is longer than any artic you will train in.
You could always pop down and see us when you have a spare 5 mins.

John

Brilliant, i will get the number off the website tomorrow and see about coming down after work tomorrow? what time do you shut cus it will be between 4 and 430 when i get there.

Thanks for the reply :smiley:

Give the office a call and speak to Hannah or Glyn- normally open till 4.30 so should be no problem :smiley:

John

chevmac:
Give the office a call and speak to Hannah or Glyn- normally open till 4.30 so should be no problem :smiley:

John

Yeh mate i spoke to a lady this morning, coming down at 4, as i say im only on the Deeside ind est so it shouldn’t take to long to get there.

hi and thanks dar,mikey,sinclair and of course john and karen beacuse if it wasnt for your help i wouldnt be in the position of having gained my class 1 and 2.

Mike I am not far from the north road ind est there is a good cafe on the cemetary roundabout on rossmore road if you are in need of tucking into a nice fry up in sunny ellesmere port :wink: :wink:
i cant wait to get my licence back so i can get the job hunt started i am fortunate enough to be working at the moment driving the bin wagons in chester…although i cant wait to hand my notice in :smiley: :smiley: it takes the pressure off a bit when you have got something and have some money coming in.

hi sinclair if you are after a decent training school to gain your licence with you wont find better in my opinion than chevron training i am sure they made you more than welcome on your visit there the wagon and drag is meant to be easier than an artic to learn in… and hey the test is hard enough so why not make it easier for yourself i cant comment on what an artic is like to learn to drive in as i havent had the pleasure of driving one as yet :wink: :wink: good luck with the training though whoever you choose to go with.

and thanks again john, karen and all the team at chevron especially dan as i couldnt have passed without his help and guidance :smiley: :smiley: hope you are both enjoying your holiday :slight_smile:

lets hope i will be reporting my first drive on here in a few weeks :smiley:

regards

john

ps i have seen some jobs on the internet for class 1 positions at b&m in liverpool and aldi distribution in neston if anyone has any background knowledge of what they are like to work for can you let me know please

John give me a call Monday - I know the transport manager at Aldi.

Once again well done.

John

cheers for the info re cafe in ellesmere port :wink: Might check it out if i get a craving for a full english :grimacing:

Good luck with the class 1 job hunt ,keep us updated …

Regard Mike

Many congratulations on getting your C+E done John! All the very best with the job hunting now.