Well I never knew that

Just read this quote on eHow

The HGV license also qualifies a driver to work on forklifts inside warehouses, as many drivers on a payroll do between driving assignments.

Source ehow.com/about_4727809_hgv-driving-jobs.html

It’s wrong, right?

Heavy goods vehicle (HGV) jobs are in high demand in England. Driving the big loads is vital to the European economy, and those with the HGV1 or HGV2 license can find ample opportunities for work.

Not what I have read on here.

Along with all the other errors in that article, including,

a candidate for an HGV license must also submit to a background check and financial credit check.

A truck driver with an HGV1 license is qualified to drive loads over 3.5 tons and that can include hazardous materials, such as explosives, flammable liquids and radioactive material.

All public drivers in Europe must all earn a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) that must be renewed every 5 years. The test for the certificate requires drivers to pay for and receive 4 hours of written theory testing and 2 hours of practical on-the-road testing.

What a great link that one is Harry. Very helpful indeed. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

There is a link on the R/hand side which leads to advice on “How to eat in a Transport Cafe”, by a nice Indian Lady, Ms Sonal Panse, which the lads out on the road will enjoy reading. :wink: :wink: It is full of just the sort of advice that will come in handy, as they have a bit of a rest after tipping their own 24 pallets at Tossco,s , using the forklift which they are qualified to operate.:laughing: :laughing:

In fact, it is a right little condensed version of the CPC, which is probably why Coffee has given it such a ringing endorsement. :wink: :wink:

Buycrider:
What a great link that one is Harry. Very helpful indeed. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

There is a link on the R/hand side which leads to advice on “How to eat in a Transport Cafe”, by a nice Indian Lady, Ms Sonal Panse, which the lads out on the road will enjoy reading. :wink: :wink: It is full of just the sort of advice that will come in handy, as they have a bit of a rest after tipping their own 24 pallets at Tossco,s , using the forklift which they are qualified to operate.:laughing: :laughing:

They forgot step 6 “go outside and throw up!” :neutral_face: :confused:
I also like this in the “tips” section :
If your meal is not up to par, politely inform the Transport Cafe manager. :laughing: :laughing:

i cant wait to print this off to hand into the office when i go back to work… look like there’s going to be a few changes happening , me probably being asked to leave being one of them :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a bit about the auther

Linda Ray is an award-winning journalist who’s spent more than 20 years doing in-depth research and reporting on trends in health care and fitness for newspapers and magazines, including the “Greenville News,” “Success,” “Verve,” and “American City Business Journals.” In addition to sports and alternative therapies, Ray has extensive experience covering banking, commercial development and people. Ray has a bachelor’s degree in journalism.

well she obviously knows what shes on about , got as much idea as to whats happening out there as my TM :laughing: :laughing:
also check out he pic , wow what a looker :open_mouth: sorry couldn’t find a throwing up smiley :frowning:

Just proves that we are never too old to learn.

I think the first clue to how valid this article is comes in the form of the American spelling. :laughing:

MolePower:
wow what a looker :open_mouth: sorry couldn’t find a throwing up smiley :frowning:

You deserve getting the bullet after making that “Lookist” comment,Mr Mole. :laughing: :laughing:

Although,on second thoughts, and after having just had a butchers at her meself, I,m inclined to agree. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

from the same site…

“Driving an HGV vehicle can be a taxing job, especially because the driver is usually required to work about 40 hours a week plus an additional 5 to 10 hours a week.” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: (part-timer) :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

“With the help of an assistant, an HGV driver may also be tasked with loading and unloading the goods in and out of the vehicle.”
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: we get assistants?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Why do people with little or no knowledge of this or other industrys feel the need to write reports on something they nothing about!

Saying that some of the posts on here come to mind.!!

It scares me how much ■■■■■■■■ can be written on the internet. I thought I had that job :wink:

Now we know where newspaper reporters go to get their information.

Santa:
Now we know where newspaper reporters go to get their information.

Where,s that?? Melbourne. Derbyshire?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That,s a bit harsh :laughing: :laughing: